74

Song for the chapter: Same Mistakes by One Direction

~~~

"So we play all the same old games, and we wait for the end to change, and we take it for granted that we'll be the same, but we're making all the same mistakes. That's what crazy is, when it's broken you say there's nothing to fix."

"You guys had some crazy night last night then." I've been telling Clair how the night had gone for the past half hour. She had her mouth hung open the whole time, probably in surprise that I had calmed down so much.

"It was filled with a lot of talk about our families." I was looking for a dress in my closet for dinner tonight while talking with Clair. She had offered to help, but I wanted to do this on my own, knowing that I'd probably have to even do this on my own after college.

"That's good then, right? I mean you guys are being much more open with each other." I think about Clair's statement for a minute. It was good to get things off my chest, and it must've felt good for Harry to finally talk about what bothered him most. I was just hoping Harry would stay this open for awhile.

"Yea, but I'm scared Harry won't stay that way. I could feel him pulling away from me slowly this morning, as if talking about it for a long time made him uncomfortable." I was just hoping Harry wouldn't back away from me or my touch like he did this morning. I'm only hoping he'll heal.

"It's probably all so new to him, he just needs time to appreciate that you listen and are there for him. He loves you and he cares I can see it." Clair gets up off her desk chair and takes the navy dress out of my hands. "I like this one best." I smile at Clair and nod my head in agreement.

It had lace over the navy blue fabric underneath, it was formal and covered every part of my body that should be. I didn't want to take the risk of looking completely crazy or sexy tonight. This wasn't the dinner I needed that look for.

I start getting ready, curling the ends of my hair and applying some light makeup. I choose small nude heels that I had bought for college interviews and job interviews, but never really used them.

It was almost six and I was starting to feel nervous in my skin, awaiting for Harry to arrive. I could do this, I've talked to William before, but I haven't talked to him since learning all these new things. Would it be hard to forgive him or look him in the eyes?

A knock sounds from the other side of the door, alerting me that Harry was here to pick me up. Clair gives me a supportive nod, nudging me to open the door and that I've got this.

When I open, I see Harry leaning against the door frame, looking handsome and cleaned up in a black suit, with a white button-up underneath, slightly opened at the top. It was almost like he wasn't even wearing a shirt.

"Ready?" I nod my head and walk out the door with Harry. Girls in the hallways whistle at him, and start throwing themselves at him. I wish he wasn't so wanted by every women around.

Harry walked quickly, which made him far ahead of me. I almost started jogging, that was until I realized we were already at the car. Harry opens my door for me, but doesn't comment at all on anything else.

Something had happened between this afternoon and now, and I wanted to find out what it was. If he went to dinner angry, nobody would know how he could act towards his father.

Harry gets in the car shortly after, putting the key into the ignition. We drive away from school, my safe spot, to Harry's father's house, my nightmare. Harry's knuckles weren't only white from gripping the steering wheel, but they were also cut open and red.