67

Songs for the chapter:

If I Could Fly- One Direction

All of Adele's new album called 25

All of Made In The A.M.

~~~

"For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart.
For when you're lonely, and forget who you are. I'm missing half or me, when we're apart. Now you know me,  for your eyes only."

The work atmosphere isn't tense when I get inside the building. Hannah seems to be doing a whole lot better since the last time I saw her. She had her smiles back and her spirits along with it. As for Ms. Clemmings, she was on edge, still making sure each safety precaution has been taken.

It felt familiar to be back at my usual spot at the cash register. It was a simple job, usually all I had to do was check people out and take a look at what book they take. It's fun to see what genres the customers are into sometimes. Most times it was just classical romance readers or mystery.

The weekdays were usually slow with customers; we maybe got twenty a day during the week. Many people came during the weekend to read the books and take them home as a gift to themselves. I had about wished a thousand times that I could afford a book in here.

Right as I finish ringing a young lady up, Hannah starts walking over to me. I will admit that the work day was filled with loneliness, but I would take it over working with Josh any day. "How's it feel being back?" Hannah asks me, leaning her body on the counter.

"It feels schedule, like I should be here. It's nice to be back though; I always loved working here." Hannah smiles through the evident pain she still had over Josh. I don't think we'll ever be able to get over what happened with him, but we were pushing through the boundaries to get there.

"We're glad to have you back, and we can't wait for things to go back to normal around here." Hannah starts describing the new security around the shop, and how the officer always guarded the doors. Josh has caused a life long trouble around here, and he knows it.

"That's crazy but good. Whatever we have to do to keep Josh away will be allowed." A shiver runs up and down my spine at the thought of Josh ever coming back, and hurting even more women. It's bad enough he got two that he met from an innocent bookstore.

"You're right. It was nice chatting for awhile, but I have to get back to work right about now." Hannah rolls her eyes at the thought of work, causing me to laugh. "I'll see you later, Sarah." Hannah smiles and I kindly return one to her. She deserved all the kind people she could get these days.

I get back to waiting for customers to come in, but as I suspect, not many come in. Some people come in to ask if the store had the book, and when we didn't, the customer just left. Work is always pretty uneventful.

After awhile of no customers showing up, I decide to do some more productive work such as stacking books. It was better than doing nothing at work all day, and Hannah could probably use the help.

I start going up and down the bookshelves and looking for any turned over books or messes left by shoppers. The store didn't deserve to stay messy, when all it wanted to do was bring joy to people through classic literature.

I flip through the old pages of some books, only because I wanted to feel the tattered up binding. All my books were pretty much the most recent edition or everything, which isn't valuable. What was found in Ms. Clemmings book store was treasures to me. First and second editions scattered the store.