77

Song of the chapter: Until You Were Gone by The Chainsmokers

~~~

"Ice cold, I freeze up when I see ya. Left you just to find out that I need ya.
So far, I wanna pull you closer. I wish we could start the whole thing over. Ever since I left you, I've been trying to get you back and it keeps getting worse. I'm burning on the inside, and the truth is that I didn't know how good you were until you were gone."

It was now Friday, the glorious end of the week. I continued on with my life, without Harry and without needing him. I was feeling better now that I was in control of my own life and choices, instead of Harry always influencing me.

Harry hadn't come back, and we were all starting to wonder if he'd ever show his face back here again. I'm hoping with all my heart that his mother is doing okay, and that they're making it through this.

It had been a full week, I tried to worry for him but my heart just wouldn't let me. It was telling me to forget every trace of him and just let go, be my own person. Most days during the week, I didn't even think of Harry which was a start.

Tonight Clair and all the guys wanted to go to a frat party,and I was reluctantly dragging along. Maybe I needed some party in me, or just some good dancing with my best friend. I wouldn't drink or hang around any of those bad guys that host the parties, I'd just stay with my group, as simple as that.

"This is going to be so much fun Sarah! I'm so glad you're coming." Clair was getting ready already, while I still needed to pick out an outfit. I didn't even know what to wear, I haven't been to a party since Josh. I was most reluctant because of what happened last time, but I knew it wouldn't happen again, it couldn't.

Finally, I pick out my one black dress that hugs my body, but isn't too short. I slip it onto my body, hoping I still look good in it. It's like that one dress every girl has that makes them feel amazing in their skin.

I start putting my makeup on and doing my hair. It was already dark out, and the party had surly already started. Clair had said she wanted just us to walk in together, and meet the guys there. We could have some quality time together on the walk there, which is all I wanted.

Once we both finish checking over each other's appearances for the night, we slip,our heels on and I grab my denim jacket. I wanted one thing that made me look kinda casual, even though I had to admit I looked pretty good.

"We look so good, guys will be all over us." I laugh as Clair closes the door behind us. She had Louis and loved him to death, she was dressing sexy for him and him only. What love can do sometimes is pretty beautiful. Clair was kinda for Louis eyes only and everyone knew it.

"I don't want any guys and you already have Louis, I'd like to say we're doing it for ourselves." We walk arm in arm down the stairs, leading outside the dorm building. People were already outside, walking to parties or coming back from one to hook up.

"You think Harry's ever going to come back?" Clair says, while we walk, kind of drowning my happy mood. We had decided to tell her about the situation after Harry hadn't come back for days. She was scared for him, hoping he hadn't hurt himself in this situation.

"Maybe when he's sure about his mom being better? I wish I knew Clair." Only the people closest to me and around me knew that I had broken up with Harry, he just didn't know it yet. How could I tell him over text or a mere phone call. Harry deserves a better, spoken explanation from me. I want to stay friends with him, so I can help him through this tough time as well.