83

Song for the chapter: Long Way Down by One Direction

~~~

"Point of no returning, now it's just too late to turn around. I try to forgive you, but I struggle cause I don't know how. We built it up so high and now I'm falling, it's a long way down from here."

"What is Harry doing buying you a two-thousand dollar dress?" Clair asks me, but I barely hear. I'm still trying to figure out how Harry knew about this dress or why he even bought it for me. This isn't what broken up couples normally do.

"What was Harry doing around that store?" The card he left with the dress was still clutched between my fingers. My eyes scan over it about ten times, looking at his beautiful handwriting and kind words.

"Do you think he followed us?" Clair goes towards the dress, looking at every inch of the fabric, making sure it was exactly the same. I don't want to think of Harry following us around, maybe just more of a coincidence.

"No, I don't. Maybe he was looking for a suit in one of the expansive shops on the street. Harry has to be invited too." Clair thinks about the scenario, letting it sound real in her mind.

I walk over to the dress, taking the soft fabric into my hands. It looked just as amazing as it did at the store. But this was too much, Harry shouldn't have gotten me a 2000 dollar dress. It's crazy.

"Are you going to talk to him about it?" I think about Clair's question, wondering if I should even talk to Harry right now. Weirdly, part of me was angry he bought the dress because it was pulling me towards him.

"Probably at some point." I grab the dress from the hanger and hang it on the closet door. "I have to either thank him or chastise him for buying it." Clair and I stare at the dress from about a foot away, just admiring it.

"I would definitely thank him first, he obviously did it because he wanted to see you happy." Clair walks away from the dress and over to her bag. I'm left staring at the dress, wondering what was going on through Harry's mind.

Harry did have money, but it didn't really give him any right to just go out and buy me a dress. He probably on,y did it for good reasons, like to make me happy or his way as a friendly gesture.

Suddenly a question starts haunting my mind, making me wonder if Harry was just doing it as a way to move another situation over. "Do you think he'll bring Kendall to the wedding?" I take my gaze off of the dress and towards Clair. She shrugs her shoulders, most likely just hoping for the best.

I wanted Harry to be happy and if Kendall made him happy, then he should be with her. I know he said that his type as pretty much me, but he'll realize one day that us not being together was a good thing.

"I need to see him, now." My mind starts racing in a million different directions. Down one path it's telling me to stay in the room, but the other path is telling me to see Harry as soon as possible. I needed to get these things off of my chest, before I forget them all.

"Are you sure about that?" Clair looks at me as if I've gone completely crazy. I nod my head, being completely sure of what I needed to accomplish. Better that it be done now than later.

I grab my keys off the desk and start heading back out down the hallway. I didn't want to fight with Harry today, I just wanted to ask him a few questions. My main topic was about the dress.