Chapter 23: 'Stop being such an ass'

Luke's POV:

I couldn't bear to be in that room as the boys were talking to Harley. For pretty much her whole life she would come to me when things went wrong, or pretty much any time at all. But in the past few months, all of that changed. Ever since Ariella told me that she heard Harley telling Michael she wished he was her older brother instead of me, I didn't want to be by them while they were together. Which was pretty much all the time. That child seemed to never leave his side.

A loud knock on the door of my hotel room snapped me out of my thoughts. Before I could even respond or invite the person in, they barged right into my room. I sent Michael a small glare and he just sent me one back. "Hey, at least I knocked."

"Now you need to tell me what's wrong with you. And don't give me some bullshit excuse, because I won't buy it." Arms crossed over his chest, Michael looked at with a look that probably should have intimidated me. But it was Michael, it's impossible to be scared of him.

"It's-" I started, but I was quickly interrupted. "Bullshit, Luke. I know exactly what you're going to say. You're to say 'it's nothing, I'm fine.' . But I don't believe you. Not even for a second, because I know you're not and I can tell something's wrong with you and Harley. Do you know how much you've been hurting her?"

"No, I don't! Because she doesn't even talk to me anymore!" I sighed, running a hand through my already messy hair and sitting down on the hotel bed. "Why do you have to steal my little sister from me? You know how much she means to me, I'd do anything for that little girl." Michael sat down next to me, a confused look on his face.

"Luke, I'm not trying to steal her from you. Where did you even get that idea? I know how important your relationship with her is to you, so why don't you stop being such an ass and talk to her? Treat her like your little sister." Hearing that he wasn't actually trying to steal Harley from me should have been reliving. But it wasn't, it just made me feel worse for messing up everything with my little sister for no reason at all.

"Fuck," I muttered, looking back over at Michael. How could I have not realized this before? Everything that Ariella has ever said to me was to destroy me and Harley's relationship. Why? I had no clue. But now I realized just how much of a lying bitch she is. And I hate her for ruining everything. "It's Ariella. She told me that Harley said she'd rather have you be her brother. She's such a bitch."

Michael stood up, crossing his arms over his chest again. "Wow, he finally noticed! I wondered how long it would take for the day that Lucas Robert Hemmings realized that Ariella was a bitch." I glared at him, not in a mean way but just in a way to say 'I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm.' "I'm calling Harley. I need to apologize to her, then right after that I'm breaking up with Ariella."

A/N:

Here's a short little (but very important) chapter for you all!! Luke's FINALLY realized how horrible Ariella truly is! Anyway, I've got a question for my lovely readers. I've been thinking, and I wanted to know what you guys would think about an alternative version of this story where Harley is a lot older! It wouldn't be a sequel; I already have that planned and Harley will be 12-15ish in that. I was thinking in this little alternative story she would 17-18. Would you guys like that??

Oh, and btw.... no one figured out the hidden message from the last chapter. A few got close, but no one actually got it. So I'm keeping it to my self ;)

Love, Bella =)