I Sealed It With A Kiss

Marietta

On the way home neither of us said much. I was still kind of star stuck. I mean, here I was sitting in the singer from my favorite bands’ car after going on a, in my opinion, successful date. I had really had fun and it looked like he felt the same. It had been a long time since I had felt this way about a guy and I liked the feeling. I think he liked me back and that was another thing that hadn’t happened in a long time.

All too soon, we pulled up to my apartment building and he walked me to my door. He stuffed his hands in his pockets looking a bit nervous.

“Thanks for tonight. I had fun,” I told him smiling and looking down at my shoes. He didn’t say anything back, though.

Suddenly, I felt his finger tips on my chin and push my face up to look at him. Before I could even wrap my head around what was happening, he was closing the space between me and his eyes were closed. Then, all I could feel was his lips on mine. My eyes fluttered and my stomach did a flip-flop. His lips felt so soft against mine. They felt perfect; like they were meant to be kissing me. I didn’t want him to stop, but unfortunately he pulled away. There was smile tugging at his lips and I could feel a matching one spread across my own face. It had been way too long since I had been kissed like that. My last boyfriend certainly hadn’t kiss me like that. As soon as Chris stopped kissing me, I wanted his lips back on mine.

“I should, um, probably get going, but I’ll call you,” he told me. What if he thought I was bad kisser and he never wanted to see me again? What if I had screwed up my only chance at a decent relationship? What if he never called me again?

All I could do was nod and he walked away still smiling. You’re being negative, I told myself. He obviously is into you. I could be really pessimistic sometimes. I guess after everything I’ve been through, it’s expectable.

I shook my head and pulled my key of my pocket. I shoved it in the door nob and opened the door. As soon as I got in, Holly practically attacked me.

“Oh my God, how was it?” she asked excitedly. She still hadn’t gotten over the fact that I had went on a date with someone in a band.

“Amazing,” I answered still thinking about that kiss. Had that actually happened? It barely seemed real.

“Tell me everything,” she gushed. She sat down on the couch and gestured for me to sit down next to her. I was in a bit of dazed but did what I was told.

I told her every little detail about the date from the time when I closed the door from the time I unlocked it. She wanted to know absolutely everything.

“No way. Chris fucking Motionless kissed you! Am I allowed to fangirl now? Because I think the singer of your favorite band kissing you is fangirl worthy,” she told me. She looked more excited than I was. I guess she was just happy for me especially since I hadn’t been on a date or had a boyfriend in a really long time. She gave me a big excited hug. I chuckled at her but hugged back.

“Did he say anything about a second date?” she questioned pulling away from the hug. She had a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Well, he said he’d call me,” I answered a bit unsurely. I didn’t really know how I should take what he said. Did that mean he wanted to go on another date or was that his way of letting me down easily?

“That’s sounds promising and we both know Chris is super nice, so he’ll call,” she reassured me. I still wasn’t too sure though. I didn’t want to get my hopes up and then never see him again. “Think positive,” she added seeing my face. 

She then got up from the couch and went to her room. I stayed on the couch for awhile replaying the night in my head. I had never felt as happy as I did that night. Was I falling in love with him?

Chris

I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I got back in the elevator and pressed the button for the ground level. I couldn’t stop thinking about Marietta. She was one of the most amazing people I had ever met. She was funny and nice. She laughed at all my lame attempts at jokes. We liked a lot of the same music and movies. To top it all of she was beautiful. Why hadn’t I met her years ago? She could’ve saved me a lot of trouble with my last girlfriend.

I climbed in my car and drove to my own apartment, which I shared with Balz. I had already told him about Marietta since he saw her with me before we left the party and had naturally ask me about her.

As I parked my car and headed to our apartment, I had to pull myself back into reality. I had lost myself in my thoughts. I pulled out my key and opened the door.

“How was the date?” Balz questioned. He was laying on the couch watching some movie on TV.

“Really good,” I replied still unable to stop smiling. It was just something about her. She had this way of making me happy.

“Good. I’m glad,” he told me with a nod before turning his attention back to the TV screen. I was kind of glad he didn’t ask for details. I didn’t expect him to, though.

I walked over to my room and shut the door. I got changed in to my pajamas and climbed into bed. I pulled my laptop onto my lap, but after ten minutes of staring at the screen and replaying the night, I gave up on getting anything done and shut the lid. I just couldn’t stop thinking about her. Between that adorable smile, that insanely cute laugh, and that kiss, I just couldn’t concentrate.

I pulled out my phone and stared at the screen. Was it to soon to ask her out again? I didn’t think I could go a day without seeing her, but I literally had dropped her off less than an hour. I decided to say fuck it and ask her if she was free tomorrow.

Me: Hey. R u free 2morrow?

I waited a bit impatiently for her response. What if she didn’t want to go out with me again? I let a sigh escape my lips. When did I become so negative? She said she had fun, Chris, I reminded myself. Suddenly, my phone lit up.

Marietta: Yeah. I get done work @ 5.

Me: Ok. Can I pick u up @ 6 then?

Marietta: Sounds good. C u 2morrow :)

I smiled at her answer. I couldn’t believe I had actually doubted if she wanted to go out with me. She seemed to like me the way I liked her, which was good because I would have been pretty disappointed if she didn’t. I ended up falling asleep thinking about her and where I could take her the next day.