Hardin's POV.

What the fuck am I actually doing?

I keep pacing back and forth in this driveway. I should just leave, this was a stupid fucking idea to begin with. What am I expecting to happen, she will run into my arms and forgive me for all the shit I have done to her?

She probably isn't even in there and I will look like an idiot going in there if she isn't. Actually, I'll look like a dumbass either way, I should just leave.

This shirt is fucking itchy and I hate dressing up. I didn't make too much of an effort anyway, I only threw on a black button up shirt but still.

When I walk closer to the house I approach my father's car, in the backseat sits that hideous purse that Tessa always brings along to every single function she attends. She is inside, she's in there. My empty stomach flutters at the idea of seeing her, of being close to her.

What would I even say to her? I don't know but I need to see her. I have to tell her how my days have been complete hell without her and how I need her, I need her more than anything. I have to tell her that I'm an asshole and I can't believe that I fucked up the one good thing in my life, her.

I will go inside and get her to leave with me so we can talk. I'm nervous, fuck am I nervous, and I feel like I may throw up. If there were food in my stomach I'm sure I would. I know I look like complete shit, I wonder if she does? Not that she ever could but I wonder if it's been as hard for her as it has been for me.

I finally reach the door but then turn back around again. I hate being around people as it is and there are at least fifteen cars in this driveway. Everyone will stare at me and I will look like a god damned fool, which is exactly what I am.

I turn around again and ring the doorbell.

This is for Tessa. This is for her, I keep reminding myself when Kim opens the door with a surprised smile.

"Hardin? I didn't know you would be here." She says, I can tell she is trying her hardest to be polite despite the anger I know she feels towards me for Tessa.

"Yeah.. me either." I reply.

I see the pity in her eyes when she takes in my appearance and I fight myself to keep quiet. I have to keep my cool tonight and bite my tongue if I want Tessa to listen to me.

"Well.. come inside, it's freezing out." She offers and opens the door further to let me walk past her.

This house is decorated like a fucking work of art, it doesn't even look like anyone lives here. It's cool and all but I like older things, simpler things.

"We are just getting ready to eat." She tells me and I follow her into a dining room with glass walls.

That's when I see her.

My heart stops and the pressure on my chest is overwhelming, nearly choking me, as she smiles and slides her hand across her forehead to push her hair back. The reflection of the setting sun behind her makes her glow, literally, and I can't move.

I hear her laugh and for the first time in ten days I can breathe. I have missed her so much and she looks phenomenal, she always does, but the red dress she is wearing and the sun hitting her skin, the smile on her face... why is she smiling and laughing?

Shouldn't she be crying and shouldn't she look like hell? She giggles again and my eyes move to the source.

Fucking Trevor.

I hate that bastard so fucking much, I could walk over there and throw him through that glass window and no one would be able to stop me. Why the fuck is he always around her? He's a fucking twit and I'm going to fucking kill him.