Family

A week later, John and Bridget moved into Irene's house. After they had settled in, Irene and Marty hosted dinner for the whole family. All of Irene's children, Jack, Jackie, Caroline, John, Bridget, Edwin, and the grandchildren were there. Irene cooked spaghetti for dinner. While the whole family was sitting at the huge dinner table, Marty and Irene together after Irene had served all of the adults a glass of wine. "Well, we have an announcement," Marty said.
"We're engaged!" Irene exclaimed clapping her hands together.
Jack stood and walked over to hug Irene, "Congratulations, kiddo!"
"Thanks, Dad."
Jack then shook Marty's hand. Everyone walked over to congratulate the couple and then Natalie ran over to Marty, "You be my Pap-Pap?"
"I'll be your Pap-Pap!" Marty said picking her up.
After a long time, of celebration, everyone began to go home leaving only Marty, John, Bridget, and Sierra.
"Marty, are you going to stay tonight?"
"Yes, I will, ma dear."
Irene leaned her head on Marty, "Can we asked you two a favor?" Bridget asked.
"What's that?" Irene asked.
"Could you babysit her tonight while we run and catch a movie?" John asked.
"Sure thing. Go enjoy yourselves!" Marty replied.
John and Bridget left to go to the movies and Irene and Marty were faced with putting Sierra down. They sat on the couch. Irene held her while Marty sat handing her whatever was needed. "She looks just like Bridget."
Irene smiled, "You're a beautiful little girl," Irene whispered.
Once Sierra had fallen asleep, the doorbell rang multiple times waking her. She began to cry, "Son of a bitch!" Irene moaned.
Marty went to get the door, "It's Max."
Irene rocked the crying baby, "What's up?"
"Mom!" Max ran past Marty and into the living room.
"Max?" Irene said standing up face him,'"What's wrong?"
"It... I don't know what happened there... There was a... And then... But he just can't..."
"Lad, catch your breath," Marty said patting his back, "Now, what's got you in a tizzy?"
"It's Louis."
    "What's happened?"