Decisions

Irene woke up to the sound of knocking on the door, "Irene, it's Uncle Bobby. Can I come in?"
    Irene stood up and put on her robe and then opened the door for him, "Morning."
    Bobby hugged Irene and she began to cry again, "Irene, it's not your fault."
    "I'm sorry, Uncle Bobby. All of these years, you've put up with my breakdowns and disasters."
    "Stop," he said gently brushing his hand over her long curls, "We're a family. That's what we do."
    "Should I go home?"
    "I'm coming with you."
    "Aunt Ethie made her cinnamon buns, didn't she?"
    "Yes, she did. Would you fancy joining us for breakfast?"
    "I would. I don't want to go home."
    "I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to go home either."
    Bobby put his arm around Irene's waist and led her down to the dining room. When they got down to the dining room, all of the children and Ethel were already sitting at the table, "Do you want a cinnamon bun, kiddo?"
    "I would love a cinnamon bun. They smell wonderful!"
    "Irene, come sit by me!" Rory exclaimed.
    "I'm coming!" Irene smiled sitting down next to Rory, "How are ya, sweetie?"
    "I'm great! I'm so excited. Christmas is only two days away!"
    "I'm excited too. Thank you!" Irene grinned as Ethel placed a huge cinnamon roll on Irene's plate. It was letting of steam and the icing was oozing everywhere while the red and green sprinkled melted.
    Bobby handed her a cup of coffee. Irene sipped the coffee and then took a bite of the cinnamon roll.
    "Delicious!" Irene said.
    After Irene finished her breakfast, she went upstairs and changed into a pair of dark wash jeans and a green sweater. She fixed her hair and then headed downstairs sliding on her boots when she got to the bottom. "Thank you for everything!" she said hugging Ethel and the kids.
"Are you ready to go?" Bobby asked.
Irene nodded and they walked out the front door headed towards Irene's home. Irene walked in the front door and was greeted by Caroline, "Are you doing okay?"
"I'm alright, Caroline," Irene whispered hugging her.
Max immediately came to Irene's side, "Are you alright, Mom?"
Irene hugged him, "I'm alright, Mackey. Are you alright?"
"I'm fine."
"Is Louis alright?"
"He's fine. He feels better than yesterday. He's taking a shower right now."
Katie came down the stairs in a pair of jeans and a red sweater that hugged her baby bump. Katie stopped next Irene. Irene brushed Katie's long locks behind her shoulder and hugged her, "I love you."
"I love you too, Mom."
"Let's go talk." Irene led Katie to her room and they sat down on Irene's bed.
"Katie, do you want this baby?"
"I don't know."
Irene sighed, "Well, I want you to know that I will raise the baby if you decide that you don't want him or her. No grandchild of mine will go up for adoption."
"Thanks, Mom."
"Now, don't take this as a get-out-of-jail-free card. You need to be more careful."
"I get it. Alright, well then I'm going to leave you think. We need to have our shit together before Pops has a conniption."
Katie nodded as Irene walked out of the room closing the door behind her.
"What have I got myself into?" Irene muttered.