A Heart To Heart

Natalie's Pov

I was watching Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, with Hazel when my phone went off. At first I wanted to ignore it. I know Hazel would have a fit if I talked during her favorite movie. I decided to pick it up anyway hoping it was Craig. Instead it was my mom. 😒 I immediately regretted picking up my phone.

"What do you want mother?"

"Is that how you talk to your mother."

"I don't know why you're calling I have nothing to say to you." I was so tempted to hang up on her.

"Natalie I miss you okay. Your my only child and I just wanted to hear your voice. You never call me anymore. I hardly ever talk to you since you moved to Miami." Says mother

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"I know you're still mad with me. I'm sorry about Hazel okay. I thought I was helping you. I just want what's best for you. Having a baby at 15 isn't a good idea. That's why I sent her away. So you could live a normal life. I know it hurt you but I didn't mean to hurt you. If I could go back and change things I would. I love Hazel and I love you. It's not like you didn't get her back. Lorenzo was a horrible father he wouldn't have been any help. Please forgive me I made a mistake." Whines my mother

"I guess you're right I'm sorry too. It's been years and I still ignored you. You know I'm stubborn I get it from you. I miss you so much mom. There's so much I've been through. I hope you can come to the wedding."

"Of course I wouldn't miss it for the world. I was afraid that you wouldn't want me to come. " says mother

"I was very angry with you. But I love you too much not to let you come. A girl needs her mom. Sometimes I feel so lost. I never told you this but Lorenzo and Ray used to hit me. I used to hate myself."

"Why didn't you tell me or your father?" Asks mother

"You and dad were always busy. You were too busy traveling the world. You guys never had time for me. I just kept everything to myself. You don't know how hard it was. I was so lonely, hurt, and confused."

"I'm so sorry baby I had no idea. Now I feel like an awful mother."

"Mommy it's okay I still love you. I'm glad we're talking again. Dad and Craig will be very pleased. They have been pushing for us to talk for the longest."

"Yes they have. Promise me you'll call me everyday. I'm going crazy not hearing your voice. I wish you would come back home."

"Mommy I can't do that I have my own family now. I promise you can visit whenever you want. Hazel would love to see her grandparents again. I want us to rebuild our broken relationship."

"I agree and I want to see you more often. I'm so proud of you living on your own. Craig is a wonderful young man. I can see that he loves you deeply. I just want you and Hazel to be happy."

"We're very happy and I'm glad you accept Craig. That means a lot to me."

"I have a book club meeting to get to. Ill talk to you later okay. Tell Hazel I said hello. I love you Natalie I always have and I always will. I know I might not show it but I do. I'm going to try harder to be a good mother to you. "

"I love you too mommy, and tell daddy I miss him."

"I will goodbye my princess."

"Bye mom."

I hang up the phone feeling a huge weight off my shoulders. I've been waiting so long to hear those words come from my mothers mouth. I really believed that she only cared about of herself. To my surprise she does care about me. As a kid they never showed it. They showed me love by taking me on endless shopping sprees, the most expensive jewelry money could buy. All of that was nice but all I wanted was attention from them.

Hazel broke me out of my thoughts. "Mommy what's wrong? You look sad." Says Hazel

"No mommy is fine I just have a lot on my mind."

"Can I sit in your lap?" Asks Hazel

"Of course you can."

Hazel walks over to me and sits in my lap. She snuggles close to me. I start to stroke her hair.

"My little princess is getting so big. Look at your hair it's so long. You have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. There Hazel green just like your fathers. Hazel you're so beautiful. I love you more than life itself."

"I miss daddy." 😓 Says Hazel

"I know you do but he's gone sweetie. Just remember he's in your heart. He's watching over you right now. Although Craig is not your biological father, he is a father to you. He loves you as if you were his real child."

"So I can call him daddy?" Asks Hazel

"Yes that's exactly what I'm saying."

"Mommy are you and daddy gonna have a baby?" Asks Hazel

"One day but not anytime soon. Your my baby and that will never change. Even if we do decide to have a child. You'll always be my princess."

"Good." Says Hazel

"I want to tell you something. So listen very closely. When you're older don't let any boy ever hit you okay. If they hit you once, they'll do it again. When you grow up don't be like me. I was so lost and confused. I very dysfunctional relationships. I didn't have my mother to guide me. I'm sorry for my relationships in the past. I know you probably hated seeing your mother being smacked around. That's why I ended things with Ray and your father. I'm telling you this because with your father gone you'll end up finding love from other places. You might end up like me. That's why I'm telling you this. I want a better life for you. I know your so young but it's better late than never. My mother never taught me right from wrong. That's how I ended up with you. I was doing things I had no business doing. You were a blessing and at first no one realized it."

"I understand what you're saying. I know you had me at a very young age. I know you're not perfect but I don't care. I don't care what anyone says I love you." Says Hazel kissing me cheek.

"I'm gonna have a hard time sending you off."

"Where are you sending me?" 😐 Asks Hazel

"To school of course. You can't stay at home with me forever. It's better if you be around other kids your age. I can't be selfish and keep you all to myself."

"So I'm not gonna have a private tutor?" Asks Hazel

"I'm not sure yet. Only if you want one. I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to do. We still have some time. You won't be 5 for a few more weeks."

"I need more time." Says Hazel

"Then tell me later. I'm not going to rush you take your time." 😊

"Okay. Can we go back to the movie?" Says Hazel

"I'm almost forgot it was still playing."

We go back to watching the movie. I feel much better now that I got that off my chest. Some people might wonder why I would tell a 4 year old that. Well she's not an ordinary 4 year old. Hazel is so smart it's like a 12 year old inside a little girls body. I just don't want her to grow up thinking she isn't wanted.

------------------------------------

More on the way.