Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

            A warm breeze blew in from the west when Willow and Marilee reached the castle gates. The guard at the front post was asleep when Willow screamed to him from a distance. The urgency to notify someone was pressing. They knew that they had to hurry.

            “Antony and Trevor are in trouble in the forest near the cliffs!”

            The guard jumped with alarm as Marilee and Willow’s horses flew by. A few extra guards gathered near the front doors of the castle.Willow abruptly stopped Pearl in time in front of the close approaching still guards.

            “Antony and Trevor were attacked by cloaked men in the forest near the cliffs! They told us to tell everyone! Please help them,” Willow pleaded as tears began to well in her eyes, but she stifled them back to appear strong.

            Marilee patted her on the back as her eyes began to moisten as well. The intensity of the moment increased as guards and knights were assembling. The guards advised Marilee and Willow to stay inside the castle walls where it was safe. Willow found it hard to not try to do something and Marilee knew Willow was beginning to panic.

            She jumped off her horse and helped Willow get off of hers. A guard did the pleasure of returning the two horses back to the stables. Marilee wrapped her arms around Willow’s body. Blonde hair mixed with brunette hair as both attempted to not cry.

            “I have never felt such strong feelings for another person,” Willow mumbled into Marilee’s shoulder.

            “Yes you have,” Marilee answered referring to Willow’s childhood in Heartmine.

            “Are you worried?”

            Marilee sighed and attempted to swallow the lump in her throat. “Yes, I am fearful for bothAntony and Trevor.”

            Marilee let go of Willow when she saw Earlton leaving the castle doors. He appeared distressed and was speaking with the front guards. Willow noticed and walked over with Marilee. Earlton turned and looked at their teary eyes and felt sympathy.

            “I am aware that the two of you have never experienced such sights, I assure you my sons are strong. They know what their doing. In the mean time, go get something to drink. It would be best to calm down,” Earlton suggested wiping the tears from their eyes. Both nodded their heads in unison.

            Marilee and Willow walked hand in hand towards the doors that led to the main hall when commotion sounded near the gates. Horses galloped steadily towards the doors.Antony held onto a now limp Trevor as the guards surrounded. Both Willow and Marilee turned around and became excited. When Antony approached they saw how Trevor looked and fear crept up their spines. Earlton alerted all the guards to retrieve the bodies from the forest. A few guards took each side of Trevor and helped him off Onyx. Antony then jumped off and held his brother’s hand.

            “Brother, stay with us,” he pleaded kissing Trevor’s palm.

            Alfonte rushed toward Trevor and gave Willow a long sympathetic gaze. Willow felt a rush of love when looking at her father. She remembered that tonight was supposed to be the night her true identity would be let out. She would be able to visit her father more often without causing suspicion. However, with Trevor’s accident she wasn’t sure if this would occur on time.

            “Carry him steady and lay him on one of the beds in my office.  I will need warm water,” he told the guards carrying Trevor. Antony let go of his hand as Alfonte and the guards carried Trevor off. Along the ride Antony could not tell if Trevor was still alive. The movements of the horse made it impossible to feel for a pulse.