"I'm the third doppelganger" she nodded, fixing the collar of her leather jacket.

The confusion only grew for the elder Salvatore. "Elena are you trying to mess with me because it's not funny" he groaned, pointing his finger at her.

Rolling her eyes at his words she then grabbed his hand and placed it on her chest. "Feel that Damon. That's call a heartbeat, you might remember even though it's been over a century and a half since you had one" she said, before throwing his hand back at him. "Now remind me, if Elena and Katherine are vampires, how could I be either one of them?" she questioned as she cocked her head to the side.

Damon's eyebrows furrowed heavily as he looked at her, no words coming from his mouth, instead his eyes just trailed up and down as he inspected her.

"You know it's getting a little chilly out here" she began, bringing her arms up to wrap around her frame "Think we could take this back to your place? I mean the police have an interrogation room, the least you could do is take me out of the cold" she teased. Before she knew it Damon had grabbed her arm and within seconds they were inside the living room of boarding house.

Exhaling lightly she chuckled. "Perks of being a vampire huh?" she acknowledged as she plopped herself down on the couch happily.

"Who are you?" Damon asked, sitting on the table opposite the couch. He clasped his hands together and leaned forward slightly, looking at her.

"I've already told you, I'm the third doppelganger" she repeated.

"No, Elena's the third. Tatia was the first after Amara, then Katherine and lastly Elena" he explained, listing them off on his fingers.

"That's what you think sunshine" she grinned. "It goes Amara, Tatia, Katerina, me and little Elena" she clarified. "I think I know where I fit in on the line of my ancestors and descents a little better than you, don't you think?"

"Let's say for a second you're right and not totally crazy, which you are" he insisted, standing up from the table he'd been sitting on "How can you still be alive if you're human and supposedly the third doppelganger?"

"Now that, is finally a good question Damon, well done" she teased. Before she could say anything else, another voice pipped up.

"Katherine?"

Both heads moved to look at the door way of the living room, a smirk coming to her lips. "Baby Salvatore, I was wondering where you were"

"What's she doing here?" Stefan asked with a worried expression as he looked at his brother for answers.

"Oh relax, I'm not Katherine" she huffed bored with having to explain herself again, though she knew it was an inevitable mistake that would be made time and time again.

Stefan kept his eyes on Damon, a confused look evident. "She's not" Damon assured him with a shrug of his shoulders, signalling he was just as confused right now. "She's.... what's your name?" he asked, his eyes now back on her.

"Dalia Petrova, pleased to meet your acquaintance" she teased, with a cocky smirk. Stefan slowly walked over to stand next to Damon, his eyes fixated on her carefully. Dalia looked between both boys, before huffing. "You know there's an easy way to sort this confusion out"she said hopping up from the couch.

"What?" both boys asked in sync.

"Compel me, check if I'm lying" she advised them. "Look I'll take off my vervain jewelery and you can question me" she said removing her necklace and bracelet, before placing them on the coffee table.

Both brothers looked at one another before Stefan nodded. "Go ahead"

Damon hesitantly walked towards Dalia. Once in front of her his pupils began to dilate as he spoke. "What's your name?"