I didn't know how long I had been sitting there but it felt like hours. It wasn't long before my eyes were burning from all the tears and silently begging me to shut them.

I was drifting off in no time and I felt my body go limp against the wall.

ORLANDO, FL | FLORIDA HOSPITAL | FIVE HOURS LATER
"Paige. Paige, wake up."

I groaned in protest, every bone in my body refraining from working.

My eyelids fluttered open and I was face to face with the doctor who had told me I couldn't go in.

I was weak and weary at this point. I could barely move.

"Saraya, I have some news about Dean."

My heart sped up at the sound of his name.

"Is he okay?"

My stomach dropped as the doctor frowned at me, shaking his head.

"I'm afraid Mr. Good is in a coma and I don't mean to scare you, but I fear he may never wake up. The crash was so severe that he broke his neck along with getting a severe concussion. He's also broken almost all of his ribs and his body cannot function on its own yet."

I whimpered, burying my head into my hands.

"Can I see him?"

"Miss Knight, I don't think that is a good idea."

"I don't care what you think. I may never see the love of my life again and I'll be damned to hell if you think you're gonna keep him away from me."

He sighed, gesturing for me to follow him. He slowly opened the door.

"I'll leave you two alone."

He walked away as I pushed the rest of the door open.

I don't know what I had imagined him to look like when I saw him again but it wasn't this.

His torso was heavily wrapped with gauze as was his head, his mop of light strawberry hair sticking out. His neck was covered in a brace and his once beautiful face looked lifeless.

IV needles were overwhelmingly stuck into his body and I resisted the urge to burst into tears.

The heart monitor was amplified in my ears. Each slow beep haunting me.

I walked over to his bed, smoothing the strands of hair that had escaped the gauze off of his forehead.

"I love you Jonathan Good. And don't you ever forget it."

My voice quivered and I knew I couldn't fight this overwhelming feeling of despair.

I might never see Dean Ambrose alive and walking again. I can only hope that he wakes up one day.

I'll wait for him as long as he's still alive. I'll be here.

I weeped next to his bedside, sobbing repeatedly while trying to catch my breath.

"You're a fighter Dean. You never give up, even if it kills you. So please fight. Fight for your life. I'll be here when you wake up, I promise."

I shakily brought his hand up to my lips, placing a soft kiss on his calloused lifeless hand.

I exited the room, closing the door behind me.

"Miss Knight-"

"Please, call me Mrs. Good. After all, I may never get to marry him."

The doctor sighed sympathetically.

"Mrs. Good, if Jonathan does not show improvement in the next two to three months, we cannot keep him on life support."

"I say when you can. When it feels right and that's if he doesn't wake up."

I took the elevator down to the lobby level, calling a taxi and having them drive me to the house.

The love of my LIFE could die.

And there was nothing I could do about it.