Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Seto should be relieved right, this is what he wanted. He didn't want his magical powers, he wanted to be normal, right? So why wasn't he relieved. Had he gotten to used to having magic around? Why did Seto only feel like something terrible had happened. He'd lost his magic, so why wasn't it a good thing?

"Seto..." Wag trailed off into silence and stood up without a word before heading back into the building, leaving Seto to watch over Jerome with the sword Mitch had given him.

So he was without magic now, huh? That just makes him even more useless, doesn't it? At least before, he managed to do a few things with magic that had helped all of them, even if it was only because he'd lost control. He guessed he'd lost control too many times that now it had come to bite him in the a*s.

"Seto!" Seto looked up to see Tyler running in with a sword, "Mitch told me to check up--" Tyler stared at his face for a moment.

"I'm not going to ask, probably some magic thing, but I heard you were attacked, are you ok?" Tyler stopped in front of Seto, his breathing only slightly labored and a sword in hand.

"I-I'm fine..."

"There's a traitor here, be careful," Tyler said.

"I know... I've already met them, but I don't understand why...why they betrayed everyone."

"What! Who was it! Tell me so I can kill them!" Tyler demanded.

"C-calm down!" Seto panicked, "P-plus... I think he might be dead anyways...." Seto shuddered and looked at the ground uncomfortably.

"Who was it?"

"S-Sub..."

Tyler stood there shocked for a moment, his mouth hanging open. He didn't know what to say. He wanted to say Seto was lying, but Seto wouldn't lie, not to mention if he tried, it would be too obvious he was lying.

"I...I can't believe it--" Tyler was cut off by a voice in the distance.

"Tyler! Find Jason! Tell him we're going to need him and Sub to finish that machine."

"R-right away Captain!" Tyler responded, he turned back to Seto, "Stay safe, I'll be back before you can say Tyler is the best!"

Before Seto could speak, Tyler was gone. Running into the battle once more, looking for Jason in this mess.

~~~~~

Tyler was running as fast as he could. Running so he could feel the cool night air in his hair. Running past the fighting, past the smoke and rubble, running all the way to where he was sure Jason was.

He swung open the door and saw Jason burning papers, the smoke filtering out of a window, "Jason, Jordan wants you to finish that thing you were working on!"

Jason looked up, "I-I can't. Not until you find Sub, I already burned all the papers for that, Sub's the only one who'll rem--"

"You'll have to do it without him, just hurry, it's not looking very good out there," Tyler interrupted Jason from the doorway.

"What? What happened, is he ok?"

"Jason, we don't have time for this, people's lives are dependent on this, please, I'll tell you later."

"But, I...I don't have the plans, I can't do this! Not without those plans, or Sub!" Jason began to panic and the small flame began to die out without anyone to care for them, "I mean, what do you want me to do! I--"

"Jason calm down, breathe, breathe, ok?" Tyler ran over and sheathed his sword, he let the door close behind him and placed a reassuring hand on Jason's back, "Sub may have taught you many things, but you and Sub are the same in a way. You both have a natural talent in this."