Chapter One

The start of our new adventure has just begun! I'm so glad I can finally begin writing. I've already started on the other chapters, but now to get back with LOST since I'm no longer planning anymore!

Also I do plan on adding a quote to the beginning of every chapter because I wanted to find a quote that would represent each chapter and/or character in the chapter. Though if you're curious of who the quote is by, you'll have to search that yourself.

At the top is a pic of Seto in all his kawaii glory, here is the DA version:
http://catthedrawer.deviantart.com/art/Seto-James-Magi-544974903

Enjoy!

Falling to Rise
Chapter 1

"Maybe it's not about the happy ending, maybe its about the story"

The body swayed in the wind as it hung from thickly knotted rope. The poor man's head rolled to the side of his body, drool trailing out of his half opened mouth. Until he was discovered he was rich and well-known and a great supporter to the Keutian royal family, when they were still in power. Now he was dead and hated, because he was a sorcerer.

In the Kingdom of Keuta and Emedo all sorcerers are a plague amongst humans.

"Good riddance, that man could've been plotting our murders!"

"Can't believe he was one of em."

"There could be more, we aren't safe here, they just keep finding them."

Many whispers crossed his ear while he stood deep in thought. He knew the hanged man very well, and it struck him very hard to see him gone, but he was far more afraid of sorcerers. He hung his head and pushed his way out of the loitering crowd. He was too busy to hang around and watch a dead man swing in the wind.

Today was a big day for him, he was leaving town for a year, all citizens his age would do so, they all have to serve one year in Emedo's army.

Seto, as he was called, lived in the capital of the kingdom of Keuta, Keuta had a long standing relationship with the smaller and much newer kingdom of Emedo. And although Emedo doesn't even have half the population of Keuta, Emedo is currently the richest kingdom with their abundance of ores in their mines.

And in return for riches Keuta provides young males of 19 for Emedo's army, together they have created the strongest military system.

Seto was passing by the market square, and at just about any time of day this place was busy because Keuta was most known for having the best and prosperous system for trade, hence why they have the largest population. This kingdom was a master of trade and business.

"Good mornin' Master Seto, I do hope you're havin' a pleasant day," Seto looked up from his thoughts and saw Barter wave to him from his stall in the market. Happy to have someone to talk to Seto strolled right over to Barter's stall, he specialized as a tailor and sold clothing here.

"Good morning to you Barter, how is trade today?" He spoke softly, he was sure he had some time to spare.

"Ah, good as always you know. Business is busy--that'll be 50 nuggs a piece," Barter turned to face a customer as she inspected some dresses, "Seto, you're off to the camp today, right?" He leaned forward grinning at Seto, his round pudgy face was rosy with heat and strain.

"Yes sir." Seto smiled warmly glancing every now and then at some bands that caught his eye. One in particular, a white one embroidered with gold and grey lining.

"Always got a great eye you do, here," Barter snatched up the band from the hook and handed it to Seto, "Just came in from Emedo, I think you should have it. Free of charge, for good luck."