Chapter Twenty-Five

Another chapter, things are starting to spice up now as Part 2 gets close to the end!

I hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 25

"Knowledge is like a garden; if it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested."

Dreamwalker. Telekinesis. Elemental. And...one other. These were the sects of magic he possessed talent in.

It's been 3 weeks since Seto began learning about magic, 3 weeks since he met Wag, it was a new month too. The 2nd of Aeth.

Seto sat at the dining table in the dead of night, using only the light of a candle to see. He and the others still stayed at Jason's small home, his kindness has not gone unnoticed. Over these 3 weeks, each one of them have taken turns visiting and helping the camp. Well all but Adam, as it was determined it might be dangerous if anyone recognized him. Thankfully of the few people they have met, Tyler, Jason and his siblings, they seemed not to notice.

Seto was reading by the candlelight, well past midnight, he was determined to learn all he could. He and Wag have been over every part of his father's incomplete journal and added to it as the lessons continue.

In fact, Seto thought back, he recently began practice in control over his abilities. He learned interesting and valuable information about something to do with his family, something that was awe inspiring while at the same time frightening.

~~~~~

"Just to clarify, your name is Seto Magi correct?" Wag inquired as he mixed and brewed ingredients for a simple healing pot as he called it.

Seto nodded. Wag hummed while deep in thought, Seto was supposed to be reading through some books Wag had lent him, but he found himself deeply interested in his potion making instead.

"You know, that makes me think of something. Something I'm sure is no coincidence. We already know of your gifts with Telekinesis, Dreamwalking, and possibly the Elemental magic of Fire and Air. Which might I add, you have a very strong bloodline to posses so much natural talent, but the fourth thing you mentioned just might be..."

Wag trailed off and muttered to himself. Something about magic...Nyx...and sight. It didn't make sense to Seto.

Suddenly he perked up and asked, "How much do you know of Vragan history, things concerning magic and the Nyx?"

"Uh... well pretty much nothing, I had a friend who mentioned the Nyx, but other than that nothing at all."

"Hmm, well I think I've figured some things out, but it will be a lot to take in." Wag pulled up a chair and removed his freshly brewed potions and placed them on shelves. Then he took a moment to exchange his messy cloak for another and sit in the chair he pulled up beside Seto.

"It's been a long time since I lived in Vragan, so my history may be a bit rusty, but let's begin shall we?" Seto nodded and bookmarked his page before turning his full attention to Wag.

"Magic didn't appear until over two thousand years ago. When people first began to inhabit the cold icy lands of Vragan. It was said that a terrible beast lived in the mountains that came to be known as the Restless Slopes. However it was the wise king of Vragan that advised his people to offer up livestock and gold to the beast. To appease it, as they were the intruders of the beast's land and should respect it as so.

As the months went by, the people felt that their efforts were workings as the fearsome beast never came to their little homes. Only seemed to roam the skies during the night. Soon it seemed the people were safe and for the next year they made their offerings on designated days of celebration.