Chapter Twenty-One

I should mention this to all you HuskyMudkipz lovers, he is in this story, but may not make a full appearance until Book 2. Now originally Quentin was going to be introduced in Part 2, but I changed the plot of this book so now that is impossible. Quentin will be introduced in the next book, and he may make a small appearance at the very end, maybe.

Anyways, things are gonna start spicing up soon, Seto will gain some useful and confusing information, Part 3 is coming up, and sh*t will go down.

Next chapter will stray a bit from the plot, like a short story break from everything, I think you guys will like it. :)

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 21

"Take small steps each day. You might not get there today, but you'll be closer than yesterday."

"Tyler."

"Seto."

For a moment it was silent, even Ian had stopped attacking Tyler. Silence as it felt like it was just Seto and Tyler; watching the two shocked pair was like watching two statues.

"Tyler..." Seto said his name again, he was at a loss for words, it's been an entire year since he'd seen Tyler. He never thought they would meet again, especially not here. How should he react, happy? Shocked? Angry...? He wasn't sure.

"Set," Tyler moved out from under Ian with ease, Ian made no attempt to restrain him, even though he did commit the greatest crime in Ian's eyes, "It's really you!" Tyler made his way to stand in front of Seto, ignoring the other people who watched in silence, "It's been forever! Ha, I can't believe you're here, of all places, Seto you remember me right!"

"Of course I do Tat--" Seto stopped mid-word, the slightest sign of his smile vanished as he turned away, "Tyler." He corrected himself, he shouldn't be happy.

The smile from Tyler's face vanished and he dropped his hands to his side and stared at the ground, "Right, you probably hate me..."

Seto stayed silent.

"I'm sorry, I had to leave, I couldn't stay there--"

"Why are you apologizing!" Seto cried out, glaring at Tyler's shocked expression as tears threatened to pour out, "You made your choice to leave! Even though Keuta was your home, even though I was your friend, even though you had family!"

"Set..." He reached out a hand. Jerome had silently made his way to them and stopped Tyler's hand by force. Remembering that there were burglars. Tyler brought out a hidden knife and attacked Jerome, who clung firmly to Tyler's wrist but dodged at the same time.

"Stand back, these guys are dangerous--"

"Leave them alone!" Seto weakly grabbed at Tyler's arm, the one that held the knife, even though Seto's physical strength was ten times weaker than Tyler's the action caught Tyler off guard and he faltered a little, "These guys are my friends! Why do you always jump to conclusions."

"Friends?" In that moment Tyler realized he was staring into the flustered face of someone he no longer recognized. In just one year, he saw that a person could change so much.

The shy, meek bookworm with a heart as weak and small as a grain of sand had become a person whose heart had now grown to encompass more sand. A larger pile when used right could disperse to the masses or stay together and strengthen itself.

The sky bookwork Tyler had always known had grown a little out of his shell, something he could never manage Seto to do.

He smiled as Seto continued to yank at his arm.