Chapter Twenty-Six

Almost done with Part 2. Some juicy stuff happens this chapter, some things I'm sure you guys weren't expecting. I'm trying my best to finish Part 2 by this week. If I keep writing every chance I get, I should be able to!

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 26

"The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on so long."

Seto let out a strangled scream before falling backwards against the table. His staff which was resting against the table fell to the floor with a clatter and hot wax was spilled all over the table from the candle.

Fire! Why was there fire! An-and so much of it!

Before he knew it, everyone came rushing down the stairs, Jason's siblings following behind sluggishly. "Seto! What's the matter?" Adam yelled to him from the stairs.

But they knew the answer before Seto even spoke a word. In fact, Seto didn't speak, he only raised a shaky finger to the window as he stared at the blazing fire.

~~~~~

"The camp! That's the camp, Jason, we have to go and help--"

"Ava, no. You, Glen, and Venir will stay here. You will NOT leave this house!" Jason demanded, "Glen, as the second oldest I ask you keep them all safe, I will head to the camp to see what is going on."

"Right," Glen answered as she hugged Ava and Venir close. She then ushered them back up the stairs, Venir too tired to understand the situation, and Ava who kept looking back at Jason with scared eyes. Jason gave her a reassuring smile.

As soon as they were out of earshot Jason hurried to the door and grabbed his blue hoodie and put it on, "Hold it, we're coming too," Adam grabbed Jason's shoulder to stop him.

"Adam, you should stay here--"

"Ian, just hold on, I know why you want me to stay, but there's a fire over there. Don't think you are going to convince me to sit here knowing there are innocent people who desperately need help," Adam stated firmly, "So whether you like it or not, I'm coming with."

Ian sighed and Jason interrupted them, "There's no time, anyone who comes thank you, but we have to go now. It could just be an accident, but I have to make sure," Jason ran out of the home, with Adam following closely behind. Seto hurried after, along with the rest of them.

He carried his staff made by Jerome in his hand, he may not necessarily need it for walking anymore, but he felt comforted by its presences. He was no good with a sword anyways, so this was better than nothing.

Jerome decided to travel through the trees, for him he would reach the camp much sooner than them.

"Uh, guys, I don't think this is good!" Jerome yelled through the treetops.

"What do you see fluffy?" Adam answered.

"Don't call me fluffy!" Mitch snickered in response to Jerome's outburst, "And it's the fire, it's growing rapidly, it's spreading into the woods. I can't make out much through the smoke, but I think there is some sort of fight up ahead."

"Jerome come down, hurry," Adam said, a moment later Jerome climbed down the tree and landed on his feet as he jumped the last few feet down, "Ok, here's what we're going to do, Jason, I'm sure you have something you have to do when you get there, so you go ahead and do that, Mitch will accompany you. Ian and I will see what kind of fight is going on, and if it's bad, we'll do our best to help." Adam then turned to Seto and Jerome, "You two, I want you both to help evacuate people, children especially."