Chapter Twelve

Whoo! On a roll! Chapter 13 tomorrow!

Falling to Rise

Chapter 12

"Don't give up"

"It's important to get as close to synchronization as possible." Mitch glared.

"Why?"

"Does it matter! It's custom, you've said the d*mn thing so many times now hurry up and time it with mine, or this will never happen."

Seto only glared, he was still furious with Mitch, but he'd calmed down, unlike the prince. He had almost as bad as an attitude as his cousin.

"Ready?" Seto nodded.

"I hereby declare complete allegiance to the terms of this fight. Cheating and outside interference is an automatic forfeit, and I swear to fight without anger, without pity, and most of all with honor." Seto finally managed to say it, or he hoped. He only fumbled on a few words, but otherwise he thought it sound almost "synchronized". What a picky prince.

"That'll do, I suppose."

"Oh thank Notch!" Ian shouted, waking Adam from his slumped position on the floor, "Hurry up and get it over with already."

"Right, the only thing left is for you to pick my opponent, though it's a very limited choice between Adam and Ian, and then you'll choose the weapons we'll use."

Seto nodded, he knew who he would pick. Duhita specialized in battle, but not the same as Emedo who although they were known for their abundance of jewels, was also known for their large numbers in fights. Duhita was different, they were known for their skill, their skills in stealth and strategy.

But both Emedo and Duhita were almost equals, Emedo's numbers nulling Duhita's skill, and vice versa. If he were able to choose both Ian and Adam, he felt that he could surely win, but he could only choose one. He figured Mitch already knew that, so it really depended on who he choose. In all honesty, he felt Adam would be the best choice, he knew he could rely on Adam to actually try, while Ian, didn't care...

While Seto's eyes were closed in thought, he caught a glimpse of something in his mind. A memory, a hint?

He blinked. Absurd, his mind could not speak to him like that.He closed his eyes again.

He saw it again! Iron glinting in the sun-dappled forest of Duhita. It was the iron of an axe head, raised high above the wielder's head. Suddenly the axe was transformed into wood, and the background into the room he was standing in now. Seto was intrigued by what he was seeing within his own mind.

Jerome held a wooden axe over his head. But the odd thing, he was lacking his cloak that Adam had given him.

Seto heard snapping in his ears. Seto blinked his eyes open to see Mitch snapping his fingers at Seto, "Hey, hey sorcerer boy, I don't have all day you know. I would like to get this over with before midday, if you please."

"So who will it be, Adam or Ian?"

Seto was sure his mind was trying to tell him something, as odd as that sounded, it was like that dream he had this morning. Though this one made more sense, because he actually knew where he was and who the person was in his dream.

"Jerome."

"Adam it i--What!" Mitch looked at Seto with an incredulous look, "That mutt over there!" He pointed his finger at Jerome who hadn't moved since the guards had let go of him. Though the guards were still standing behind him, without touching him, so Jerome had just sat down on the ground.