Chapter Nine

***Sorry about that false update, here's the real one :D***

Thank you! I can't believe we already hit 2k! Guys, I'm gonna cry, or would if I wasn't exhausted.

But here is the next chapter of Falling to Rise! I hope you enjoy, now must get working on LOST, we are so close to finishing! :D

Here is a link to the drawing in DA: http://pre04.deviantart.net/26d6/th/pre/i/2015/291/9/3/jerome_ref__falling_to_rise__by_catthedrawer-d9dl3uo.png

Falling to Rise

Chapter 9

"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes our duty."

Seto was sure he had long since lost whomever he was chasing, but he couldn't turn back now. His curiosity was still perked and he felt like traveling in this direction would lead him somewhere.

Just as he thought, he heard voices up ahead, he stalked quietly and listened in on the conversation.

"Loot? How much did we get?" One gruff voice said.

"Enough to get us supplies for at least a month."

"Hmph, not as good as last month's raid." There was a pause, "How about kills?"

"A good 10 humans." another voice said, he could tell there were at least 3 voices.

"Women and children?"

"None."

"Good." Who were these people! Kills? What are they talking about! Seto mistepped on a tree root. He shouted in alarm and stumbled forward, crashing into bushes and landing sprawled in the clearing the voices came from. He groaned.

"A human!"

"Eavesdropper!"

"Kill him!" Seto's head pounded as many voices met his ears. He blinked and looked up, he gaped and pushed himself away, scrambling madly. Their fur-covered faces glared at him, they all brandished weapons.

Morvics! They tightened their grip on their weapons, some had swords, others axes, one even had large knives curved at their tip. Before any move could be made, one morvic held out his hand--paw and stopped the other four.

"Head back to camp, I'll take care of this." He was obviously the leader.

"But--"

"Shut up and go!" He whipped his head around and growled menacingly. The other four glared at me, then scampered up the trees and left.

I turned my attention to my aggressor, he held an old rusted iron axe by the hilt against his shoulder. Cold brown eyes stared into my brown eyes, he had on only a set of long black pants and a red scarf, otherwise everything else was just fur.

"You!" He snapped Seto out of his thoughts and he flinched at the harsh hiss.

"Y-yes?!" Seto had to think fast, how was he going to get out of this. He knew Morvics were lower-class 'people' but he also knew only small logistics about them besides that. Morvics originated in Duhita, much like the sorcerer's originated in Vragan. They lived pretty much anywhere, but more popularly resided in the forests from Duhita. Since they were expelled from the villages and cities of Duhita.

"How old are you!" he demanded.

"What?" Seto asked.

"Just answer the question!" He hissed and stepped forward.