Chapter Twenty-Seven

Whoo! Last chapter of the PART not BOOK! So don't take this out of your library yet. 

This is somewhat long in comparison to other chapters, but not too long. I still hope you like this, and stayed tuned. I'm working to plan Part 3 so I can TRY to do a Week Long Marathon over Spring Break next week. A bit more info at the bottom.

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 27

"If you don't take a chance, you don't stand a chance "

~~~~~

Mitch was running while carrying Jerome in his arms. He kept running in the shadows and behind buildings with Seto behind him, that way, they could avoid any soldiers. It only took a few moments of running to get over to Wag. Mitch was out of breath by the time Wag noticed them.

"Seto! What happened!"

"I-I don't know! S-Sub did something, he..he betrayed everyone. He hurt Jerome!" Seto was shaking and his hands trembled.

"Set him down over here, beside the building," Wag took off his cloak and laid it on the ground next to the small building where everyone was evacuating to. Mitch carefully laid Jerome down.

"Seto, I have to go back and join the fight, stay with Jerome, and don't leave his side." Mitch then left, pulling out his bow in defense.

"You said it was Sub who did this right?" Wag said as he was crouched by Jerome trying to stop the bleeding.

"Mmhmm..." Seto answered. He still shook from head to toe. He noticed a few people standing protectively around the building with swords and other weapons.

"Come here, slowly pour this down his throat. It's a healing potion, it will heal Jerome to the extent he won't die, but he'll still have the injuries to recover from."

Without looking up Wag held out a bottle filled with pink-reddish liquid. Seto took it and sat by Jerome's face. He carefully lifted his head before slowly pouring the contents of the bottle down Jerome's throat. Jerome's pained expression softened a little, and after a few moments his bleeding stopped.

Seto sighed a little, "Wh-what did Sub do?"

"He probably used one of the projects he was working on, a small machine operated by gun powder, and shoot small metal pellets of sorts." Wag sat back and let out a long sigh, Seto looked up and Wag met his eyes.

Suddenly Wag panicked, "Seto! Seto what did you do!" Wag leaned over Jerome's body and Seto had to lean back as Wag got close to his face.

"W-what! What do you mean!"

Wag's hand pulled at Seto's cheek before he grabbed the empty bottle from Seto's hand, "Lift this! Use magic, lift this bottle! Seto, do it!"

Seto didn't understand why Wag was so panicked, "Come on! Do it!"

"Wag, wh-what is going on! What is the matter!" Wag held the bottle out to Seto, he didn't understand why Wag was getting all worked up. For a split moment however, Seto saw his reflection in the glass. Purple eyes, and purple marks down his cheek and extending along his neck until it was no longer visible under his clothes. Seto tentatively touched a finger to his cheek, "W-what are these, Wag what is going on!"

"Did you lose control again...Did you let your emotions consume you?" Wag set the bottle down. Seto's eyes widened, he did, he'd blanked out after Jerome collapsed, he'd--no, don't tell him. Did he lose too much control, did he... did he lose his magic?