Chapter 33

Lila Pov....

Me and kameron was in the kitchen cooking dinner for everyone mainly I was the one cooking though. She was eating pickles and peanut butter with hot sauce (yuck 😜).

"That looks so disgusting" I said to her.

"It's really good you should try it "she said to me.

"No I'm good. "

The kids were in Layla room watching tv. She woke up after Darnell and Khalil left.

I was fixing chicken breast cover with mushroom gravy

And rice,macaroni,and collard greens.

"Come on kameron you suppose to be helping " me I said cutting up some onions.

"Ok I am Lila soon as I finish this"  she said with a mouthful

"You said that 15 minutes ago" I said with a eyebrow raised

"Ok ok I'm done" she said getting off the stool.

"What you wanted me to do again" she said

"Fix the macaroni"

"Oh ok gotcha "she said

While cooking we made little conversation. I never really got a chance to talk to her , not even at the family BBQ. She was too busy chasing after Jayceon and Khalil making sure he doesn't do nothing crazy.

"So how did you and Khalil meet".

"Um we met at the hospital "

"Hahaha what" I said in disbelief

Lol yea I know him and his girlfriend came in rushing into the hospital because she was going into labor and I was a nurse at the time. Khalil rushed over to me with a worried expression asking for their help.

Flashback.......

Kameron Pov......

I was sitting at the front desk minding my own business when this guy and his
Pregnant girlfriend walked in.

"Excuse me ma'am my girlfriend is in labor right now. We need help" he said frantically.

"Ok sir hold on. " I said getting out my seat.

I rushed to get her a wheelchair. I also went to go ask for help since I wasn't officially a nurse yet.

"Hey Jessica can you come help me their is this couple out in the front who need assistance. "

"Alright I'm coming with you " she said

"Thanks "

We made it back to the interest of the hospital. Where the boy girlfriend was screaming from the pain.

"Ahhhhhhhh this hurt so bad killa" the girl said.

When she said that name I flinch a little bit. I heard about the things what he do to people and all the crime he have committed. I wanted to runaway as fast as I could.

"Calm down we are about to send you to the nearest room". Jessica said to the girl

We quickly walk to the first room we saw that was empty.

"I'm going to go get a doctor" I said

I was about to leave out the door when killa stop me by grabbing my arm. My heart started beating quickly cause I thought he was going to kill me.

He saw they look on my face and knew I was afraid.

His face soften a little.

"Yes"