Chapter 3

Kai Pov.......

I Was Fresh out the shower , smelling like dove. Thinking what a wild ass night. I brushed my hair into a tight , high ponytail , I grabbed my other brush and layed my edges down .

I spent the night at Chris house. I picked out a outfit and went to the closet to get my over the knee brown boots. I kissed his forehead , he looked so peaceful sleeping.

      I know what you're probably thinking why does this girl have clothes at this nigga house. I spend most of my nights here . It's basically our apartment. I head to the bus stop & I checked the time. I'm going to be late if this dumb ass bus don't come.

   I hear kids screaming & laughing , I automatically knew the bus was coming down that hill. The bus stop and I step on. "If it ain't Ms.Hollywood." Said some ignorant hating little boy. I walked to the back and I sat down.  I pulled out my phone and put in ear phones ; the music led me to a secret quiet world.

Lila Pov.....

The next day I woke my sister & Monte up for school.

"Lay-Lay come on baby it's time to get up."

"Noooo me don't want to go to school" Layla said.

" Ok then I guess Demonte & I are going to McDonalds without you then ." I said putting on my clothes.

"Ok ok ok I'm up I'm up see see " Layla said getting out the bed jumping around.
I just laughed at her.

"Ok then we'll get out the clothes you want to wear so I can iron it "I said to her.

"Otay "Layla said in her baby voice.
Mann Imma miss that voice when she get older.

I wore some black jogging pants they barley fit me since I got bigger over the years, a long sleeve blue sweater, with my all black nikes shoes I had for six years.

"Hey baby how you doing " mom said coming into my room with her work clothes on. She worked downtown at the hospital as a nurses aid.

"I'm doing fine mom did you eat yesterday" I ask her.

"No baby you know I had to make sure my babies fill their tummies "she said rubbing my shoulder.

"Mom you know I can go without I'm already fat " I said

"Now baby why would you say that you are beautiful no matter what size you are" mom said

"What have I always told you  LiLi" mom said

"No matter what people say I am beautiful inside and out "I said to my mother

"Ok baby now I want you to remember that for the rest of your life " mom said kissing me on my head before she left out my room.

"Okay now let me get on this bus before it decides to leave me again, oh and I already Iron Layla clothes you want have to worry about it now have a good day and I will see you later" mom said

"Bye mom " I said

25 minutes later ......

Me , Layla, and Demonte were walking down the street to get some McDonald's when Layla went on talking about her day at pre-k yesterday.

"So I met this girl yesterday and her name is Lila and I was like cool ! that's my big sister name " Layla said

"Really "I said

"Yess and she said her favorite color was blue like me and I ask can she be my new best friend and I said yea " Layla said

"What happen to the other friend you was talking to what her name again "I said

"Ohh Alisha !we cool or what whatever "  Layla said

"Girl what u know about that word "I ask her
"Ohh Kai taught me she said that is when u talking to a friwend  and y'all not all that close yet "Layla said like she was teaching me something I didn't know.

I just nod my head and said oh ok.

That girl is character and she don't even know it.
We got to McDonald's and order us something all to eat.

Our order came and we set in the middle of the restaurant eating our food enjoying each other company when Darnell and his crew came including his Thot of a girlfriend Tasha.

I don't even know why he is with her I mean come on now who goes out with a girl who F*** the whole football team and mess with a couple of his home boys that's just nasty.

Aye Li why that boy keep staring at us Demonte said mugging

I looked up from where I was eating and saw Darnell mean mugging us mainly me though.

"Just ignore him monte"  I said

"Come on y'all let's get ready to go" I said while cleaning up our area.

I made sure Layla and Demonte had their bags before we left.

Before we even get to the door Tasha was blocking the door from us leaving.

Why was you looking at my man you fat black gorilla looking B*** Tasha said

Making almost everybody around us laugh at me mainly Darnell and Dre who was on the floor dying laughing.

" Look can you please move out the way so that we can leave ."

" no you ugly black b****  " Tasha said

" You are a meanie " Layla said catching our  attention.

" Awwwwl what's a matter little baby going to cry " said Dre stooping to Layla who was the same height as my short chubby legs.

" Aye bruh leave my little sister alone " Demonte said stepping up to Dre who was 6'0 feet tall  compare to  Demonte who is 2 inches taller than him.

" Monte come on " I said to him tugging his jacket.

" Yea listen to your BIG sister you don't want no problems with us " Darnell said standing in front of  my brother.

He still didn't move.

" I said come on Monte " I yelled at him.

He gave Darnell another mean glare before he walked away.

10 minutes later ....

After that lil chaos I drop Layla off at DreamWorld daycare.

" Be good Layla and don't give anybody no problems that they have to call me or mom ok " I said

" Otay " she said

" Now give me hug and kiss " I said

She hugged my legs and I reach down to kiss her on the cheek.

" Love you lay lay "  I said to her

" Love you to bye " Layla said running to her new friend name Lila I guess.

10 minutes later ........

Walking up to Demonte school he stops me  before he goes  in the building.

" Aye Li why you let that girl talk to u like that " Demonte said.

" Sometime you got to learn how to ignore people and learn when the right time to fight your battles and that wasn't the right time ok " I said

He nodded his head.

" And I do not want you to ever do what u did today I understand you was trying to protect Layla but those are some dangerous guys and I do not want you to get hurt let me deal with them ok " I said grabbing his face so he can look at me.

" Ok I gotcha" Monte said

" Now have a good day " I said while hugging him.

I waited until he got completely inside the building then left.

Next Stop Hoover high.