Chapter #20

• Dedicated to RUBBER DUCKY

hey guys !!! Im soooo sorry for taking so long to update but I've been grounded, so ya.

One month is a long time right...? Oh well, I'm a bad girl. :P

ENJOY !!!

*****

Alli's POV

The warmth of the April breezes that brushed by me lifted my soul, and I felt Jake shift beside me.

We were sitting on a bench park in the late afternoon on Saturday. Despite the sorrow in my life, today was actually ok.

Jake took my hand and turned me towards him. I smiled, there was nothing more than friendship here, I thought. But just then, out of no where, he leaned forward slowly, as if giving me time to move away if I wanted to. But stupidly I stayed still, shocked I parted my lips and moved towards him.

The smell of... Him... Stung my nose, and I smiled against his lips as my fingers hesitantly traced through his short blond hair.

Gently brushing a loose strand of my hair away, he pulled back and ran his thumb over my numb lips.

I was already beginning to regret that kiss when he took my hand again and I felt tingled shoot up my arm and into my stomach. He was irresistible, and for the first time in a long time I noticed just how hot he was. The light green sweater her wore was soft against my bare arms as he pulled me closer, and his leg warm against mine as he inched closer to my begging body.

I couldn't think of anything but his warmth, and all traces of sorrow faded from my clouded mind.

Jake's POV

I felt as though I was taking advantage of the small girl on my arms, but she seemed fine with it, and I needed her. It seemed as though every single day I spent without her, the more I wanted to be with her. Now that I was with her I couldn't help myself but want to kiss the smile back on her pretty face, and I had, I had felt her smile against my lips and taken that as a good sign.

But now I hesitated, what was she thinking? She looked embarrassed and shy, I didn't want her to be like that around me, so I decided that if there ever was anything going on with us I would take it slowly.

For now though, I just wanted to make her smile again, so I suggested we call Lillie and go watch a movie with her. She complied and I smiled to myself as I saw a small twitch of her lips.

• • • • •

When we met Lillie at the movie theatre and she saw the shine in Alli's eyes she looked aquissingly at me. I grinned and shrugged, she said "you had better not hurt her,"

The grin slid from my face and I looked straight in her eyes "I wouldnt dare, she deserves better than that douche that dumped her,"

Lillie nodded and linked arms with Alli as they walked in together to get popcorn. Was I that untrustworthy, I thought. I had hurt Alli once before though, but I had been a stupid little kid then, I knew better now.

Doubt filling my heart and mind, I followed the two girls into the movie theater.

Shadows seemed to dance infront of my eyes as I sat next to Alli, and I felt as though my body was falling away from my consiousness and soul.

As the movie started I felt myself drift away and into what I could only hope was a dream....

~~~~ DREAM ~~~~

"don't get near me !!!" Alli yelled at me from across the room as I tried to make my way toward her shaking, crying form.

"Alli," I said. What was happening? I looked around to mKe sure she was talking to me.

"just go, leave ! I don't want to talk to you, you've wrecked everything !!" she screamed at me histerical as tears streamed down her red cheeks.

Turning around, she ran through a door and I followed her, only to see her running far across a field of pretty wild flowers. A single black rose stood out against the white and yellow flowers if the field.

Taking slow steps, I walked towards the rose and picked it ignoring the thorns biting into my fingers.

"my deadly. My beautiful ink dead rose." I said quietly as I watched my love run away from me into the setting sun. Alone. Gone. Without me she ran from the world.

******

There we go :) hope all you crazy people love this story :)

SMILE !!!! XD

~Alex

Xoxox <3