Chapter #4

ok so I would like to thank SweetHeart4200 for making an awesome cover for this story ! 

Like I said this chapter will be dedicated to her, so you see I keep my promises XD  

Hope you all like this story so far ! Enjoy <3

****

I didn't want to think about him right now, so I stuffed the piece of paper into my drawer, and willed myself to forget about Jake and his mysterious ways.

I walked downstairs to find my mom lying on the couch resting, and my dad in the kitchen preparing a meal. Without saying anything, I went to set the table, and pulled out the placemats and cutlery.

After dinner, I decided I was too tired to go out to the park and practice my soccer, so I headed up stairs, and lay down on my bed. 

Curiosity got the better of me, and slowly I pulled the crumpled letter out.

Alli~

I'm so sorry, I didnt mean to hurt you like I know I did. 

I'm so stupid for letting our friendship go like that. 

You know I really liked you, and I had a feeling you liked me too. 

And I'm guessing that's why your angry...

I doubt it will do anything to change your mind, but I want you to know that 

I regret leaving you like that.

I'm so sorry, Alli.

~Jake

I read and reread the letter about seven times before putting it down on my bed and curling up in a little ball. Thinking of everything that letter said. Was it true? Was he really sorry for hurting me like that ? I didn't know for sure, but a little part of me couldn't help but want him to be sorry, and to think about me.

It may have been selfish, but I wanted him to want me to forgive him. Even though I doubted it would come to that. A girl can dream, can't she?

Slowly I drifted off into a deep sleep, dreaming of girls running in the forest, echoing laughter and pretty little pools of water, splashing over rocks, that when you jumped in, deceived you, and the water swallowed you and drowned you until you woke up, cold and sweating.

That's how I woke up at four in the morning, still hearing the echoing laughter that haunted me in my dreams. 

I quickly got up and dressed and quietly left the house on my bike, making sure no one woke up.

When I got to the park, I started practicing my soccer, once again, and after about half an hour, I lay down on the soft grass, taking off my sweat cleats.

That's where he found me, at four thirty in morning, lying on the slightly damp grass, tears running down my face. 

Thats where Jake found me, and that's where he comforted me, until I fell back asleep, and dreamt of echoing laughter through the trees.