Chapter #2

Grade 8 was different.

He ignored me completely and I dulled in the shadows, avoiding him as much as I could.

I still really liked him, but I didn't know why he was all of a sudden ignoring me.

"let's go to the field," Sara said, as the bell tang for the end of the day.

"no, he'll be there..." I said , looking down in shame at my stupidity.

"oh come on," she said smiling " it'll be alright, you have to show him you've moved on,"

I shook my head, but Sara was stubborn, and grabbed my arm, and pulled me past the tennis courts, to the big field.

"hide me," I whispered as we walked on the path, near where Jake was playing soccer.

She linked arms with me, and walked onto the field dragging me with her, as I tried desperatly to hide my face with my long brown curly hair.

One of Jake's friends kicked the ball, and it bounced in front if me.

I looked at mar, and an understanding passed through us.

I stepped forward and remembered all the soccer practices I had taken part of to distract me from my dying mom.

I thought about the night I had mastered the art of the game, it had been raining and was about eleven in the evening.

I could almost feel the rain pouring onto my head again, and the drops dripping down into my eyes. I had been angry with my parents, I can't remember why, but I had ridden my bike up to the park,my soccer ball balanced on my handle bar, and practiced until around two in the morning.

Now, I looked down at the ball in front of me, and kicked it softly before me, and started dribbling the ball over to the group of boys. They all came towards me, expecting me to nicely pass the ball over.

Not today, I thought, and faked some passes before running towards the net at full speed.

As I ran I kicked the ball up with the toe of my shoes and jumped up, hitting it with my head and watched it arc through the air and land in the top right cornerof the net, as the goalie landed with a thud on the hard

ground.

I turned to look at the guys, they all stared back in awe. Sara stood there clapping and smiling away, and I made my way over to her

"You did great!" she said.

i smiled "thanks,"

"Have you been out late practising again?" she said more sternly.

"Sara, it helps, ok?" I asked, my eyes pleading for her to just be quite and accept that i was stressed.

"Alright then," she said half heartedly, and we continued our walk across the feild of amazed kids, staring

at me openly, in awe at what i had just done.

oh well, i thought, serves them right.

*****

Ok this chapter is more edited, and i hope you all liked it. I WILL be trying to update this story more often, as it is personal experience, it will be easier to write !!! XD

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to tell me, just because this is my story, i would like to add some things in, to make it more exciting :)

so pm me and let me know what you think !!