Chapter #19

this chapter starts off with the dream Alli was having in the last chapter- just so people don't get confused :)

SMILE :D

****

~~~~ DREAM ~~~~

I sat on a cliff. My feet dangled to above the dark unknown, I heard shouts of laughter from far below and the occasional tower of fire would rise up for a moment, illumination everything in an eerie red glow. But as soon as it rose up it disappeared, only a spurt.

Out of the gloom appeared bony hands and arms, they reached for my feet and I screamed. I felt the cold bones slide smoothly across my feet and dig deep with their long black talons.

From behind me I heard a yell. I turned half way around to see Jake running towards me.

"Alli !" he screamed at me.

All of a sudden wind picked up, and it howled through the dark sky. Still sitting at the edge with the skeletal arms trying to drag me to the pit below, I reached out for Jake.

"Save me Jake." I said, but the wind swept it away from reaching his ears.

I yelled again "save me Jake," this time he heard and his eyes met mine right before the arms pulled me down past the ledge.

Looking up as I fell, I saw Jake hanging over the edge crying for me.

I fell further and further, the echoing laughter only getting louder, as the wind still howled in my ears, and I saw shadows of creatures with sharp teeth and claws against the fiery light.

I didn't stop falling.

I went numb, but could somehow still feel the tight grip the hands had on me.

~~~~ END DREAM ~~~~

I woke with a start. Sitting up quickly, I felt the cold sweat on my forehead, and noticed I was breathing heavily.

It was only a dream. And thank god it was.

But there was something that was tugging at my memory, something about the dream that I couldn't remember. There had been someone else there, they were trying to help me. But couldn't get there in time.

It was all a blur.

The yelling.

The wind.

The falling.

The tears...

A face. Jake.

I gasped, it was Jake. Now I remembered, he was there.

Looking around I noticed it was still dark. Next to me in a heap on the floor was Jake. On the other side of my spread out was Sara. Laying back down I stared at the ceiling until I felt something I grasp my hand, turning my head slightly, I saw Jake smiling at me his hand entwined in my own.

Rollin over to face him, he asked "why are you awake?"

"nightmare," I said.

"I'll protect you," he said before I fell back asleep, listening to his breathing and the beat of his heart.

Jake's POV

She fell asleep quickly, this time I didn't hear her mumble or see frightened looks on her face.

She just looked delicate. She was curled up against my chest, her small, cold hand in my big warm one.

Falling asleep myself, I dreamt of the ocean...

~~~~ DREAM ~~~~

I lay on the sand. I could hear the water lapping against my boat tied to the warf nearby.

Standing up, I walked to the water, I noticed I was only wearing a bathing suit, and I waded in until I was dip enough to dive under the clear blue water.

Once under, I opened my eyes to see a school of colorful fish swim by. Surprisingly my vision wasn't blurry underwater, and I could see the coral reef not far below me very clearly.

I swam in the warm water and watched the fish go by, some more shy than others, some actually coming up to my face.

A dolphin swam up to me, and I took hold of it's fin. Moving upwards we broke the surface, and soon we were speeding across the water. I heard the water splashing behind us, and could taste the salt on my lips.

The dolphin felt smooth and wet against my body, and I smiled into the sky at the joy of riding.

Letting go, I swam back under the water and all sounds muffled. It felt like everything was in slow motion, as I floated through the water and watched the fish speed in and out of the beautiful coral structures.

There was nothing stopping me from just staying under water forever, and I did, when I felt the need to breath I felt gills open right under my jaw on my neck. My fingers starting to web together, and so did my legs.

Soon it looked as though my legs were wrapped in an almost translucent wrap, my feet spread outwards looking like the fins of a tail.

Pushing off, I sped through the clear blue ocean. Moving with the water I let the currents pull me places, and discovered wonderful sights.

Back to the coral reef, I slowly let myself sunk to the bottom of the sandy sea floor, ad let the currents pull the sand grains over my body.

Soon, most of me was completely covered in sand, and I felt the grains move over my body with the waters movement, but they never floated away.

Closing my eyes, I felt myself become dry, and the feeling of sand on my body returned to the silky feel of the inside of a sleeping bag.

~~~~ END DREAM ~~~~

Waking up, the sun shone in my eyes. I smiled down at the curled up mound of Alli and brushed her hair from her face.

Opening her eyes, she smiled back and sat up.

For now, everything was perfect.

I just hoped it could stay this way forever.

*****

Ok this chapter was more a filler, but I had both of their dreams show, so that you could see the differences between them.

If you didn't notice Alli is more haunted by her dreams, whereas Jake's dreams are more relaxing and enjoyable :)

Hope you liked this chapter!!!

COMMENT

FAN

VOTE !!!!

I almost forgot....

SMILE :D

Alex <3