Chapter 1

"Sometimes you do what you got to do even if it hurts to do so."

~Anonymous

Shailene Pov- It hits me all at once.IT'S like my past is trying to come back to me. "Raphael, what are you doing here? " "Well you see Shailene my house got destroyed by the Volcano and it's going to be a while before I can go back down there. And I was trying to look for a place to stay and let's just say I remember seeing you down in Hawaii right when it erupted. And I was going to ask if you knew anyone that would let me stay with them until I could go home. " "You are more than welcome to stay here if you would like I know Theo wouldn't mind." "Babe who are you talking to?" Theo walks up to me wrapping his arms around my waist while pulling me closer to him in the process. "Theo this is Raphael whom was an old friend of mine in Highschool." "Raphael this is Theo My boyfriend. " "Here Theo will you take his bags." I lead Raphael into the Kitchen."What a nice place." "Thanks" I reply I fix him a plate and set it down.Then I grab a bottle of Wine and grab 3 glasses and set them down on the table. "May I say you look fine tonight Shailene. " "aww thanks Raphael" Theo pulls out my Chair for me to sit in. "No you may not tell her she looks fine!" He says. After we finish dinner Theo and I clean the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Afterwards Theo tells me he is taking a shower. "What are you watching?" I ask Raphael as I plop down on the couch. "The Fault in our stars" he says. "You played your good Shailene." He replies. But I thought I heard him say for a Split second that he wished he was Augustus. But maybe it's my Imagination. Theo walks in and sits down on the couch and pulls me against him. "I have something to tell you later." he whispers lightly. All of the sudden my body goes into panic mode is he going to leave me?