1.17 The Necklace

Night. In Derek's car.

Scott, Stiles and i were sitting in Derek's Camaro

Scott was driving fast because my aunt was behind us thinking that Derek was in the car.

I was in the backseat. 

 Derek was somewhere out there trying to catch the alpha. I could hear my aunt's conversation with my dad over her phone.

Me "boys, she knows that Derek isn't in the car"

Scott "shit. faster?"

Stiles nodded "Much faster"

Scott drove much faster.

Me "Let me drive"

Scott asked irritated "what ? no"

Stiles "Scott, drive, i'll talk for you. "

He turned to me "why?"

Me "because i'm a better driver and Derek trusted me with his car and not you, idiot"

Stiles shrugged " not my problem"

I growled "bite me, idiot!"

Scott shouted "both of you, shut up!"

I looked back at my aunt's car and she drove faster too.

Stiles "Scott. Faster"

Scott "if i drive faster, i would kill us"

Stiles hissed  "well, if you don't drive faster, they'll kill us!"

And Scott drove faster.

Stiles turned around and froze "they are gone"

I shook my head "that's impossible. Kate would never give up so easily"

Stiles turned the radio set on. The Sheriff told his men Derek's location but what he didn't know was that we were listening.

Me "Drive!"

He drove us there and we saw Derek kneeling on the floor. Stiles jumped in the back next to me so that Derek could sit in the front.

Me "Get in!"

Derek jumped in the car and i saw my dad shooting at us from the roof of the building.

Scott "what part of " stay" don't you understand?"

Derek "damn it, i had him!"

Stiles "Who? the alpha?"

Derek nodded " yes! he was right in front of me and the fucking police showed up"

Stiles "wow.  hey, they are just making their job"

Derek gave him a death glare "yeah, thanks to you two for making me the most wanted in the united states"

Scott asked annoyed "seriously, can you just go past that?. I made a big mistake. i get it"