26.

part twenty-six,
17:01- ;

"Ms Hana, I need some coriander to finish dinner tonight, do you mind running to the store and fetching me some?" Lynn calls from the kitchen as I sat on the bar stool and fiddle with boring games on my phone.

"Yeah sure," I smile at her, sitting up and straightening out my sweater, winter was coming upon us, and the Christmas season was well on its way, "I need the fresh air anyway" I laughed.

"Well hurry along dear, dinner won't cook any faster" she ushered me off, as I laughed, a laugh purely full of happiness.

The sky was surprisingly bright blue today, despite the cold winds and the frosty up-incoming winter.

Kicking a lone pebble on the ground I swung arms back and forth, reflecting on how much my life has changed over the past few months.

It was so boring, so restricted before Hansol came into my life, and I couldn't imagine living that way ever again, next time I saw him I had to thank him for changing my life for the better.

I was certainly surprised with the change in my Father as well. Never before had I seen him so approving and so calm with my current relationship, with Hansol and everyone else in general. I felt free and I felt purely content with my current life.

I was so distracted and lost in my thoughts that I barely noticed the supermarket in front of me, opening the large doors I was greeted by a comforting warmth.

"Okay so coriander" I muttered to myself under my breath, walking into the herbs isle and biting my lip as I scanned the various shelves.

"Long time no see" a deep voice came from behind me, causing me to jump slightly at the sudden noise.

Turning around with a hand to my chest in shock, my eyes soften when they laid on Jeonghan, whom I hadn't seen since I abruptly left his house a few weeks ago. He looked different, hair shorter and a dark black, and skin shiny and even more angel-like.

"Oh Jeonghan, you scared me" I laughed, tucking my hair behind my ear shyly as I smiled at him.

"Look, I just wanted to apologize, for everything. Not going to lie I knew Hansol had liked you for a while, and it was wrong for me to make a move on you when I knew how he felt. I'm sorry for forcing myself upon you, and I hope you and Hansol are extremely happy together, he really does love you Hana." He spoke quickly, rushing out everything in one breath, but I heard it and I was touched.

"It's okay Jeonghan, I forgive you" I smiled awkwardly, placing a hand on his shoulder as I rubbed it in a comforting matter. I tried to calm down my racing heart at his words, 'he really does love you Hana', but for some reason I couldn't fully believe those words, not unless they were from him himself.

To be completely honest, I knew myself that I was in love with Hansol, I had to have been. My love for him wasn't necessarily the love that a married couple would share, but I loved him in many ways more than that. Was I too scared to admit it to myself though? Was I too scared to admit it to him in case of me getting hurt?

I shook my mind of any of those thoughts, it was too early to fully decide.

"Jeonghan, I have to ask you something." I but my lip, nervous to ask him this question in the possibility of rejection, or the possibility of knowing the real him.

"When I was at your apartment, in the trash bin," I coughed, "there was a pair of panties and a, uh, pregnancy test" I lowered my voice and looked around, avoiding eye contact with the raven haired boy.

"Oh, that" he laughed dryly, nerves clearly evident as his voice wavered slightly, I brought my eyes up to gaze at him, watching him gulp as he stared down at me, I took my palm off of his shoulder and brought it back to my side.

"People make mistakes, but some things are best left unsaid, Park Hana" he smiled a real smile, bringing his hand up to ruffle the hair on my head as he walked off, out of view, leaving me confused as ever.

Some things are better left unsaid, I thought to myself.