23.

part twenty-three,
14:31- ;

"Yes Hansol, I promise that I'll talk to my Father soon" I sighed, placing my phone in between my shoulder and ear as I opened my purse to grab a five dollar note, handing it to the cashier.

"Okay good, I'll see you Friday night for out date, babe" I blushed at his nickname, he had never used that pet name before. My heart started to beat faster when my thoughts went to what happened the other night.

Hansol and I decided to try a relationship, I was his girlfriend and he was my boyfriend. Just thinking about it erupted my stomach in a heap of butterflies.

"Hana?" I heard Hansol say on the other end, and I realized I hadn't said anything back for a solid minute.

"O-oh yeah, see you soon" I couldn't help the smile off of my face as I walked away from the counter and found a table at the back of the cafe, sitting down and placing my bag beside me. Grabbing my phone out from my shoulder and ear I hung up, biting my lip to hold back a smile as I leant down and grabbed my laptop and a notebooks from my bag, placing them on the table in front of me.

I was so caught up with my family, friends and decisions that I completely forgot that he whole reason I had met Hansol, was for him to tutor me and make me eligible for the government prize. Taking out a pen I started to study, taking down notes and writing various flash cards.

My coffee arrived soon later, the waiter placing it in front of me with a small biscuit quietly, trying to not interrupt my study as I thanked him quietly. 

There wasn't many people in the cafe, a mother and her twins seated a few tables away from me and a couple on a date in the corner, sipping from a milkshake.

I was so caught up in my study that I didn't even realize the bells of the door opening, it was probably just someone grabbing a coffee I thought to myself.

I flinched slightly when someone tapped me lightly on the shoulder, making me snap back to reality from my intense concentration on my work.

Looking up, trying to hide my annoyed expression I saw none other than Kwon Soonyoung, a cap on his head covering his signature silky blonde hair, he wore a simple crew neck and jeans, a backpack slung over his right shoulder.

"Hana?" He spoke, a smirk on his lips as he sat down on the other side of the table, not waiting for my reply as he placed his backpack beside him.

"Soonyoung?" He just nodded at my words, fingers fiddling with some loose strands of wood coming out from the table.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked, placing his head in his palm as he stared at me, then my books, then back at me.

"You already are aren't you?" I asked warily, this situation was kind of fishy. I've never really spoken to Soonyoung before and now he is here asking to join me study, he didn't even have any books.

"Touché Hana, touché" he smiled, I tried to hide my eye roll as I looked back down, returning back to my study and not caring if he was here or not.

I got distracted once again from my study when Soonyoung leant closer to me on his elbows, I looked up through my eyelashes to see him intensely staring at my study notes, eyes moving along the lines at rapid speed.

"Are you alright?" I spat, closing my book harshly, what on earth did he think he was doing? With a sigh I placed my books and my laptop back in my handbag, standing up and pushing in my chair, taking the last sip of my coffee.

"I'll see you around Soonyoung." I walked away without looking at him, in the distance I heard him say something back, but I was too at gone to hear what he said.

I walked fast down the street for some reason, my encounter with Soonyoung got me really fired up and I didn't know why.

My feet carried my where I wasn't expecting myself go for a while, maybe it was an instinct that I had gained but I found myself standing in front of the Park Mansion, the large estate sitting in front of me in all of its glory.

I knew at that instant that it was now time for me to come home and face my problems. If there was one thing I had learnt, it was that nothing was going to happen if I didn't try to fix it, so that was what I was going to do.

The house was eerily silent when I stepped into the front door quietly, my boots clicking on the tiles as I stood in the foyer.

"Hana is that you?" I heard a voice call and then the sound of shoes tapping on the tiles, soon enough my Father poked his head through a doorway, face lighting up when he saw me standing at the doorway. 

"Oh Hana" he muttered, walking over to me fast and extending his arms to pull me in a huge but at the last second he stopped and brought his hands to his sides, deciding not to hug me anymore as a frown appeared on his face, probably thinking that I was too mad to hug him back.

"Dad-" I trailed off, opening my arms and wrapping them around his stomach. This was the first time I had hugged my Father since I was twelve, and I honestly realized how much I missed it. It reminded me of the good old days and the memories we shared, it reminded me of my Mother and it reminded me that my Father still loved me with all of his heart, even through each of his bad choices.

"That was the first time you have called me Dad since you were a child" I could hear the smile in his voice as he returned the hug, holding me close to him as if I would run away again if he let go.

"I missed you Father."

"I missed you too Hana."