25.

part twenty-five,
10:07- ;

"You don't know how worried I was Miss Hana" Lynn scolds as she harshly places a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"I'm sorry Lynn," I started, taking a bite and closing my eyes at the taste, "oh god how I missed your pancakes"

"Miss Hana if you eat like that Mr Chwe will break up with you" Lynn nodded, raising an eyebrow as she extended a hand to close my mouth.

"How dare you" I laughed jokingly, throwing a piece of my pancake at her resulting in a highly disapproving look as she scolded me.

To be completely honest, I missed home. I missed my warm bed and my large shower and I missed Lynn and my Father. I wouldn't trade the life I had now for the world.

"Oh Miss Hana I forgot to tell you, a letter arrived for you whilst you were gone" Lynn said after a few minutes of silence, walking over to a stack of letters and taking out an envelope, placing it delicately in front of me.

"I wonder who this is from" I muttered to myself as Lynn went back to washing up pots and pans.

Hurriedly I ripped open the envelope, unfolding the piece of paper inside as my eyes scanned over the various words written.

Dear Park Hana,

We are immensely delighted to inform you that you have received an invitation to the Seoul city award night for the highly intelligent.

At this wonderful event you will be in the draw to win an award from the government, plus amazing opportunities such as scholarships to South Korea's most highest ranking colleges a

A wide grin spread over my face as I squealed, clutching the invitation in my hands as my eyes widened in shock.

"Father!" I yelled loudly, causing Lynn to cover her ears and shush me, but I was too far gone as I sat up and ran up the stairs to Father's study.

"Hana?" Father called, poking his head out from his workplace as a worried look covered his aging features.

"I got invited to the award ceremony" I screamed again, throwing my arms around his waist as I hugged him tightly, too excited to process the fact that he was barely hugging me back.

"That's amazing Hana, I only expected the best, now I must get back to work now so you go and celebrate" he said, pulling me off of him as I nodded, frowning slightly as I had expected a better reaction from him.

With a sigh I made my way to my room, continuing to clutch the invitation in my hand and unable to keep the smile off of my face, I had finally achieved what Father wanted me to achieve. I had to call Hansol and thank him for the small amount of tutoring he gave me. Of course there was Areum, my other tutor whom I had sessions with occasionally, but to be honest she was the last person on my mind.

"Hansol!" I screamed into the phone when he picked up, I laughed when he groaned from my loud voice.

"Guess what" I bit my lip, biting back a giggle as Hansol's breathing could be heard on the other line.

"What?" He muttered quietly, almost in a whisper as shuffling was heard on the other end of the line.

"I got invited to an award ceremony for the highly intelligent" I mocked, lowering my voice to be at the same level as his, listening to him chuckle on the other end.

"That's amazing Hana! I'm so proud of you. Listen I can't really talk right now, I'm uh at work so how about I pick you up tonight at seven and I'll take you out for dinner to celebrate." He rushes, most likely eager to get back to work.

"Okay," I giggle, "you get back to work now I guess"

"I will, I'll see you tonight beautiful" I smiled widely as I bid him goodbye, placing my phone down beside me as I laid on my soft mattress, my mind running wild with happiness.

Without a second to spare I hurriedly got up off of my bed, making my way to the bathroom where I found myself starting to get ready, eager to get on with my night and see Hansol.

True to his word, a knock was heard at the front door at seven pm exactly. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face as I ran down the stairs, short dress flowing behind me with ease as I opened the door to be greeted with my boyfriend.

"Congratulations" he smiles, extending his arm from behind his back and pulling out a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh Hansol" I cried out, stepping over to him and indulging him in a large hug.

"Thank you so much" I blushed, taking the flowers from his hands and studying them, they were beautiful roses, my favorite.

"Let's get going then" with a cheeky smile Hansol extended his hand, leaving me time to place down the flowers before his hand wrapped around mine, pulling me in the direction of his car.

His car was warm, like it usually was, and memories from times we have shared in this car came to mind, making me smile widely as we drove through the streets of the Gangnam district, the lights shining from the various buildings.

Not even ten minutes later Hansol was pulling up outside a large restaurant, packed with chattering people and couples on dates.

His hand soon found mine again as he opened my door for me, showing me to the direction of the door as the waiter took us to our table.

"Hansol this is beautiful, you didn't have to do this, it's going to be so expensive" I gushed, looking around and taking in my surroundings.

"Does this place seem familiar to you?" He asked, grabbing my hand from across the table and rubbing his thumb in small, soothing circles.

"Is this-?"

"Mhmm, I didn't forget you sitting there with your Father, sipping your cola and steeling glances at me" he laughs as I blush, using my free hand to cover my cheeks.

"I was really nervous to talk to you, and when I found out that you were the one I was tutoring I almost pissed myself" he laughs even louder, and I joined in, truly happy in the moment.

We sat in silence for a little while, studying each other's faces like we would never get enough from each other. Suddenly, a loud laugh from across the restaurant interrupts our thoughts and the conversation of others. Turning our heads we see none other than Soonyoung and Nicole, laughing over a glass of wine as they were oblivious to the few staring.

"Aren't they both underage to drink?" Hansol muttered to himself as I nodded, furrowing my eyebrows. The two looked beyond tipsy as they waved their arms around in a stupid matter, definitely not suitable for a restaurant this classy.

"I guess those two just don't care."