The Playboy's Game

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well?" I asked when she didn't speak. Wow, seems like Amber was more shocked than I thought.

"You and..." she trailed off and pointed to where Mason and I were standing. "Mason, you two were..." she trailed off again and took in a deep breath. She then grabbed my shoulders. "What were you thinking kissing him?" she asked more coherently.

I opened my mouth then closed it again. The truth was that I had no idea what just happened therefore I had no answer for her question. "Can we talk about this later? I think we need to get back to the party." I said.

"No we should talk about this now!" she insisted.

"Amber." I drawled. "Please just let it go."

"If you were making out with a baboon, an ape, a willy-mammoth or even a troll I'd let it go but you were making out with Mason Clarke, St Katherine's biggest playboy! I am not going to just let it go!"

I sighed. "I will explain everything to you another time, just please let it go for now." I said calmly. "It's my birthday, cut me some slack." I added.

Amber took in a deep breath and looked at me for a moment. "Alright, just because it's your birthday."

I smiled at her. "Thank you. Now let's go inside."

We made our way back into the hotel. "I would suggest amputating your tongue but I think that will be extreme, so just make sure you brush your teeth like a hundred times or bleach it or something." Amber said as we stepped into the elevator.

I laughed at her remark and said nothing.

Once we reached the hall, I noticed most of the people were gone and a few diehard partiers were still drinking and dancing.

I was pretty tired myself, so I decided to call it a night. Liam and Nicole told me they wouldn't leave without me, although they did leave the party earlier than the rest, they were still somewhere in the hotel doing their own thing. I assumed they were at a restaurant or bar or something.

"Happy birthday Carly." a drunken girl I recognized from school wrapped her arms around me. "This party was kickass!" she slurred.

I smiled at her and watched her stumble off out of the room when she pulled away, singing some song in a terribly high pitched voice as she walked off. I hoped she had someone sober to take her home and she wasn't driving herself in that state.

"I think I'm going to leave too." Damien said breaking away my reverie.

I smiled at him. "Thank you for coming and for all those great dances."

Damien grinned. "I had to show you the moves you denied I had."

"I didn't deny it; I just merely said I have more moves." I retorted smugly.

Damien chuckled. "Alright, I'll let it go for now just because it's your birthday."

I glanced at my watch. "Technically my birthday's over since it's a little after one AM but since the sun hasn't risen I'll still consider it my birthday."

"Don't go all smartass with me; I'm still a few months older than you." Damien teased and then wrapped his arms around me, hugging me with a little squeeze.

"Happy Birthday again." he said and pulled away. He looked at me for a long moment with a grin. "I don't know if I told you this earlier but you looked beautiful today."

I smiled shyly. "Thank you."

He smiled and left after saying bye.

"Now he's a guy I approve of; if you were making out with him I'd be happy." Amber mumbled beside me after Damien left.