Chapter 45

Chapter 45: 

Destiny's POV

"I missed this," Niall mutters from beside me. We both just woke up only about ten minutes ago, and the sun shining through my windows feels great on my skin even if it hurts my eyes. The feeling of his skin pressed against mine is blissful and I can't seem to get enough of it. 

I feel no worries laying in his arms. Even though I still have so much homework left to do and forgot about that meeting I had to record some cello and piano playing and also about footie practice, I feel totally fine just laying here. In fact, I could care less if my coach yells at me. As long as I have Niall back, my life is going to be a lot happier no matter what. 

"I did too," I tell him. I see his eyes flicker down to my lips and his tongue swipes across his. I take this as a question asking to kiss me, so I nod slowly and lean in towards him. Our lips connect and fireworks in my chest seem to explode at that. I can't help but smile at the feeling and let out a happy sigh. Niall chuckles, biting at my bottom lip playfully. 

I move my hands to pull at the back at his neck where his hair is longer. He needs a haircut, maybe I could give him one. You're really funny, Destiny. 

As our lips continue to smack against each other, his hands roam my hips and stomach, lifting up my shirt a bit. I suck in a sharp breath at where he is touching exactly and pull away worriedly, not wanting him to touch me in places that I've grown too thin like where my ribcage or my hipbones stick out. I don't want him to know how disgusting I actually am. I already vaguely spoke about it, but I never thought I'd be in this situation now even though I must have realized it was going to me unanimous at that point. 

We're both breathing heavily due to the lack of oxygen before hand, but I know the look on my face is absolutely terrified and his is more confused and concerned. My mouth is slightly parted with an unspoken explanation, but I'm too scared to tell him why I shied away like that. 

Nothing is said for several long moments. Our gazes are locked and too many thoughts are swimming through my head to even comprehend what Niall is thinking about this. 

Finally, he makes the first move and slowly makes his way over to me on the other side of the bed. I back up towards the windows, yet he still keeps walking forward. He corners me at a wall, placing his hands on either side of my head on the wall. He has a puzzled frown adorning his visage, and I already feel terrible for what he's about to find out about me. 

"Why are you scared of me?" He asks in a quiet voice. His face is so close to mine that I can see the slight stubble already forming on his chin after not shaving for a few days. He still has morning breath as well, but I don't seem to notice it because my own fear takes over. 

"I'm not scared of you," I answer, looking down at the floor. 

His hand comes under my chin and lifts up my head so I'm forced to look at him, "I thought we promised that we wouldn't lie." 

Ouch. 

"Talk to me, Des." His voice sounds almost pained. I bit my lip, and shakily take his hand and press it to my hip, and his other hand to my ribcage. I don't say anything, but let him feel the bones through my skin. 

I watch him attentively as his expression turns from confused, to worried, and then to upset. He glances up at me momentarily, tugging at the hem of my shirt. I nod and allow him to lift it up to take a look himself. He sucks in a tight breath at the sight of my toned abs and then my protruding bones. 

"Oh Des," is all he can get out before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I'm thankful for his comfort, I really am. Since tears are now streaming down my face, I'm glad that he isn't mad and is instead caring about me. I bury my face into his shoulder, sobs shaking my shoulders. I can tell that he's crying too, yet he still rubs my back soothingly, wanting to console me first before himself.