Chapter 37

ED SHEERAN AND OLLY MURS SHOULD COLLABORATE TBH

Chapter 37:

Destiny's POV

I literally could see Niall's heart breaking. His eyes became dull in color and his mouth dropped open at my words.

"What?" He finally whispers out of shock as soon as he comprehended what I had just said.

I'm trying not to cry, I really am. Tears are threatening to spill over and my nose is beginning to run.

I take a shaky breath, "Niall, it's just," I pause for a second, completely forgetting the script I had made up in my head for this exact moment, "it's not you, it's me."

We both were silent for a while. He was staring at the floor and silent tears slipped down his face and onto his cheeks. I watched painfully, just wanting to bring him back into my arms and assure him that I'm just kidding.

"Of course," he finally mumbles so quietly that I can barely hear it.

"Of fucking course you're dumping me! All I ever wanted to do was get into a great relationship, fall in love, get married, and have a family, but I guess that can never happen for me," he runs his fingers through his hair before standing up and sighing angrily.

"Niall, I'm sorry," I start, but he doesn't let me finish.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it, Destiny," he spits out my name almost as if it were venom, "I love you unconditionally and this is what I get?" I look down, ashamed of myself, but don't say anything quite yet.

Now, as he speaks, his tone turns from soft to loud and his eyes are on fire, "Truthfully I could talk about you all day and all night and I'd still have a million more things to say. But too many words become meaningless, so I'll just leave it at you're the most wonderful person I've ever met, and I can't imagine not having you in my life." He said as he tried to hold back angry tears that threatened to pour down his cheeks. 

I averted my gaze from him and shook my head at myself. I cannot believe that I let this happen.

"I want to say the same thing but I don't think I could live up to it as much as you can."

Lies.

All lies.

I bite my lip as my cheeks begin to wet from my tears of sadness. Honestly, this is going to mess up my life as much as it is going to mess up Niall's.

Niall's glare is still menacing as we wait for someone to say something.

Finally, he throws up his hands in defeat, "Maybe I should just stop trying to find someone to love, it only ever ends up in heart break for me," he tells no one in particular, but I think he's just trying to let me know how much I mean to him and how stupid I am for letting him go.

I want to tell him that I'm only doing this because I'm being forced to. I am stupid for doing this to us, but I'm only doing it because I love him. How cliche am I? I never thought being this cliche would have me in tears.

All of a sudden, Niall just sighs and leaves the room, obviously not wanting to deal with this shit I've cause right now.

I wipe the tears from under my eyes and get off of his bed to chase after him, I'm not letting him leave until he knows I'm not trying to be the bad guy.

"Niall," I call after him down the stairs. Why is he going so fast? I quickly slip off my heels to chase after him down the stairs at a faster rate than before.

"Niall!" I yell at him just as he reaches the bottom of the staircase. I don't notice everyone else quietly sitting and watching in the living room just yet.