Chapter Twenty five - Love lives on

August 18th 1882

__

Christine

__

"Mother? Mother are you awake?" A voice brought me out of my sleeping state, "Mother wake up."

"What are you doing?" I asked sleepily as my daughter sat on the edge of the bed, "What time is it?"

"I came to wake you up and it's almost seven."

"Thank you dear." I smiled and sat up,"You didn't have to get dressed already you know."

"I know nut I was too excited." Ava said fixing the skirt on her blue dress, "Oh hold one one minute!" Ava sped out of the room

I smiled not being able to hide my excitement either. I went to the wardrobe and pulled out the simple white day dress I chose to wear, we had decided to keep everything simple. Ava came back in holding a box and note,

"Here." She handed them to me. I opened the note and read it,

'Christine
I thought you might want this.
Erik'

I set the large box on the bed and opened it. Inside was something I never thought I would see again, it's the dress. My dress, the one he made for me, it's my wedding dress. A felt tears well up in my eyes and happiness fill my body as I examined the fabric. I know it wasn't the original as I had worn it and Raoul made sure it was destroyed. The fact that he thought to remake it brought me to tears, it definitely was the most beautiful dress I ever wore.

"I'm going to go, so you can get changed."

I got changed taking my time, fitting perfectly into the dress. A knock on the door turned my attention to my friend,

"Oh, Christine you look lovely!" Meg squealed

"Thank you." I laughed

"Come, come sit." She said pointing to a chair. I started and let her do my makeup, simple natural colors. I asked for her to keep my hair down and just pin a few curls back and she obliged. Once we were finished I looked in the mirror getting a strange feeling in my stomach something I didn't feel last time. With a smile and tears I turned to my family.

"Your beautiful." Ava said giving me a hug, "come on its time to go!" She said pulling me out to the carriage taking us to the concert hall. When we arrived Madame Giry was waiting for us.

"Oh, Christine my dear. You look like so beautiful. You're glowing." She said giving me a hug

"Thank you Madame." I replied

"Are you ready?" She asked heading me a bouquet of red roses, "You will do wonderful my dear, he will be pleased with you."

I smiled as I remembered the first rime she said that phrase. We turned to the door of the theater. Ava and Meg were already inside, so the only people left were Madame and myself.

__

Erik

__

I stood nervously on the stage of the theater, fidgeting with my jacket. Nadir stood next to me trying to calm me down,

"What if she doesn't show up?"

"Erik calm down, everything will be fine I assure you." Nadir said

"I hope your right, it's just I never thought I would get this far in anything." I admitted

"It will be alright." He assured me

I watched as Ava and Meg walked into the building and take their seats. There were not many people, the Girys, a few trusted employees, a few musicians, and Ava's friends who she insisted on inviting.

My daughter gave me a quick thumbs up as the door opened, everyone stood, the music started, and I watched as my angel walked in.

It's true I almost couldn't believe it, she was so beautiful. Could it be she became more angelic since last night? Either way I was pulled out of my thoughts when Christine stopped in front of me.

"You may be seated," Nadir said, " Now they wanted to keep the ceremony short and sweet, so we will get right to the point. Were are gere today to celebrate the union between these two people. Should anyone object to this union speak now or forever hold your peace. No one. Okay good, do you Erik Destler take Christine Daae to be you lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold til death do you part."

"I do." I finally say, letting out a breath and bringing a smile to my face

"Do you Christine Daae take Erik Destler to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold til death do you part."

"I do." She says with a large smile and a single tear running down her porcelain skin. I wipe it away and she grips my hand tighter as Nadir finishes

"With the power vested in me I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Destler. You may kiss the bride."

Without hesitation I grabbed my wife's waist and pulled her to me our lips meeting in perfect sync. She grpied onto my jacket as the kiss deepened. Nadir cleared his throat loudly to get our attention, I guess he could see where this was going. We broke apart and turned to face the guest, as they broke out into applause.

I took Christines hand and we along with Ava, her friends Justin and Lacy, Madame Giry, Meg and Nadir walked out into the Grand Foyer for the party, we were stopped a few times to hear congratulations,

"Would you care to dance?" I asked my wife as the orchestra started playing again

"I would love to." She replied

We walked out to the dance floor followed by Meg and Nadir, the Raoul and Emily. Ava and Lacy were dancing around the room, Justin chasing after them.

"Christine, I love you." I sang to her

"I love you too angel." She said resting her head on my shoulder. I kissed her head with a smile.

We didn'thave a traditional wedding, bit I wouldn't have it any other way.
I never thought my life could end up like this, with a wife and a child. Hell, I never thought I would meet someone who saw me as something more the a monster, a creature of darkness. I never thought me and that fop of a Viscount would ever get along, or that I would marry Christine, my angel, my only love, the little speck of light in my dark life. Nothing could make this day any better, nothing.