Chapter seven - It's time

July 28th 1872

Christine

__

These last nine months have been nothing but bliss and torture. Aside from the usual side effects, my pregnancy wasn't that bad. I was scared however of going into labor, the doctor assured me that I would be fine but I wasn't sure. My mother passed away while in labor leaving my father to care for me. Unlike me my child would not have a proper father figure to look after them. The baby was due any day now and I just recently started thinking about after the baby arrives. There is no doubt in my mind that the baby is Erik's he is the only person I've ever slept with. My husband was passed out drunk on our wedding night so he wouldn't remember anyways. I worried about what the child would look like, I myself would love them no matter what, but Raoul I had no idea how he would react.

After telling Raoul of the baby he tried to become more involved but after a few months fell back into his old habits of drinking and gambling. He has a tendency to get upset easily when he drinks and taking that anger out on me. In both a mental and physical way.

I laid in bed, as the doctor had put me on bed rest for the last few weeks of the pregnancy.

Raoul and I spent a short while talking about names. We had decided that if the baby was a boy his name would be Phillipe after Raoul's father and if the baby was a girl her name would be Avaline after my mother. Though he insisted it would be a boy.

I was reading when a sudden pain coursed through my body, "Whats got you so excited little one?" I say resting a hand on my stomach to feel the baby kick

"Ow!" this time it hurt more then before and I knew what was happening, "you couldn't wait a while longer." I took in a sharp breath, "Raoul!" I scream

He was only down the hall in his own room so it was fairly easy to get his attention.

"What!" He yells back

"Get your drunk ass in here!" I scream not controlling my words

It's time this baby is coming now. Sharp pains rip through my body and I start trying to calm and steady my breaths. He rushes in and I tell him that I've gone into labor, his eyes widen and he runs out of the room I could hear him yell something, most likely calling for Margret an older maid who has taken care of me throughout this process.

Margret rushes in with a bowl of water and starts wiping my forehead and trying to keep me calm, "We just sent for the doctor madame."

It was nearing fifteen minutes before the doctor arrived, he told me not to panic because labor could last hours before the baby would actually be ready to arrive. I laid and sat in multiple different positions trying to become more comfortable but it didn't help.

Six and a half hours later the doctor had confirmed that it was time to start pushing.

"It's time." He says

Constant screams and curses escape my mouth as the pain seemed to never stop.

Encouraging words were being spoken, the doctor was telling me how far along I was.

After what feels like forever I hear the cry of a baby and my mind gets pulled away from the pain. The doctor hands Margret my child and she hands me the child wrapped in a knitted blanket.

"It's a girl." Doctor Mills says as I smile at my daughter

I watch as the small child wrapped in a blanket gets placed in my arms. Her cries instantly quiet down to soft whines.

She had soft features, and seemed to resemble me greatly. Other then her eyes, they were different. They were a sea green color, with hints of gold woven throughout them. They were eyes I've seen only one other place.

I look over the rest of her, I noticed some light scaring and marks covering her upper right arm, there is no mistake that she is Erik's not Raoul's.

"She's perfect." I say holding her close to me when Raoul comes in

I can't tell him it'll break his heart. But if he finds out on his own what will he do to her or me,

stop.

Don't worry about that now. As far as the world knows Raoul and I have a baby.

"W-whats it's name?" He asks.

"Raoul meet Avaline Rose. Your daughter." I hand her to him he smiles at her and she starts crying.

He gets worried and hands her back to me where she stops crying. An upset look falls over his face. I smile and calm her down. Raoul sighs leaves to who knows where and I'm alone with my daughter. I place her in the bassinet next to the bed. I was exhausted so I merely looked into the bed at my child, "Don't worry sweetheart nothing's going to harm you not while I'm around, my little angel I love you." I lay a soft touch on her head before laying back and closing my eyes.