Chapter fifteen - Arguments

__

Meg

__

While trying to convince Christine her child was not backstage, even though there is a great chance she is, we got separated.

I stood at the end of a hall looking over people who were trying to get through. I spotted Christine and went to call for her when she ran into someone.

No no no no.

The two began to walk away. I began to walk faster, trying to catch up with them. I was too late by the time I reached them they were locked away in Eriks office. I huffed, I places my ear to the door trying to make out what they were saying.

I was only able to get a few words here and there,

"Not an idiot." He said

"No one was supposed to find out." She spoke

I was confused, were they keeping a secret? I moved my ear from the door, when someone behind me cleared their throat.

"Miss Giry. What may I ask are you doing?" Nadir questioned

"Nothing that concerns you, I assure. Now I must go, I will see you around."

He looked at me as I walk to my mothers office located in the same hall. He had a small smile as he walk off his own way.

When I entered my mothers office I began to tell her about what I heard between Erik and Christine.

__

Christine

__

Once we arrive at the hotel Raoul immediately lays on the couch resting an arm over his eyes, like he is going to sleep. He did take advantage of the open bar at the theater. You could smell it.

"Ava, why don't you go get cleaned up." I told her

"Okay." She said hurrying to her room

I walked over to my husband and tried to wake him, "Raoul get up."

All he did was roll over. I let out a breath and tried again, I was so tired of this and decided to address it once and for all.

"Raoul wake up this instant I am done with this obsessive drinking habit, you need to straighten up your act soon. I was hoping we could all go out for supper so wake up and get ready."

He woke up that time and sat up looking me dead in the eye, I could smell the alcohol on his breath and knew what was going to happen.

He grabbed my wrist and with every word his grip tightened, "You do not tell me what to do," He said through his teeth he stood up looking down at me, "You are my wife, you listen to me I don't listen to you that's how it works." Once he was finished he backhanded me on the cheek. I fell to the floor and watched him march into the kitchen grabbing the bottle of whiskey off the counter and pouring it into a glass.

I reached my hand up to my cheek when I felt something wet. I pulled my hand back to see blood on my fingers. I carefully stood up avoiding eye contact and walked to the small mirror on the wall. I wiped the blood along with tears on the sleeve of my dress, "Do you have anything to say to me?" Raoul asked, I stayed silent just staring at my reflection, "Well?" He asked getting annoyed, still I stayed silent.

Next thing I knew he was standing a few feet behind me and threw his glass shattering it along with the mirror a few inches from my face. I shot around and looked him in the eye,

"You almost hit me with that!" I screamed

"I didn't try to miss!" He yelled back, "My aim is a little off today!"

"You bastard!" I shouted causing a fire in his eyes

"What makes you think you can call me something like that!" He slurred

"I'm not the one whose drunk all the time, I'm not the one who gambled away all our money, and most importantly I'm not the one who scares my daughter so much she has nightmares!"

"You were the one who failed to give me a son and you refuse to try! Maybe then I wouldn't be this way!"

"I don't want to have any children with you, I want to have children with someone I love and I certainly do not love you!" I screamed, hopefully he is too drunk to register what I mean.

"Then why did you marry me?"

"I had no choice." I responded coldly

He didn't say anything he only came closer causing me to back up into the wall. By now our faces were only a few inches apart, he grabbed my wrist, and the smell of alcohol was stronger then before. He put his mouth next to my ear and whispered to me, "Clean that up before I get back or so help me god." and like that he was gone.

I fell to the floor I started sobbing. Then I remembered Ava she must have heard that all. I stood up and walked towards he room, slowly opening the door I peek my head in, "Ava?" nothing I enter the room and there is no sign of her anywhere, I looked towards her bed in her place was a piece of paper and the window open to the fire escape.

__

Ava
__
I went to get cleaned up like mother told me too, but I knew it was only to get me out if the room. Soon after I left I heard father start yelling and knew a fight was breaking out.

I was so tired of them fighting. It was fathers fault, though I wouldn't say that out loud. If he would just stop drinking all the time, if we could go back to the way it was when I was younger.

I poked my head out of my bedroom only to see father throw something at mother. I was becoming scared, and I wanted to leave. So that's what I did, I left a note and left.

'Mother,

I heard you and father fighting. I don't want you to worry about me but I couldn't stand to hear it. I won't go far I just need to get away for now. I will be back.

I'm sorry

Ava'

I opened the window and stepped out onto the metal landing. I climbed down the latters slowly until I reached the bottom.

I made my way to the only other person here I trust, I just hope Monsieur Erik doesn't make me come back here I really just need to get away.