Chapter 40

HAVE I DESTROYED YOUR FEELS YET?
IF NOT, BE PREPARED FOR THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE IT MAY JUST HURT MORE :,)

Rin POV

I was about to speak when Haruhi, surprisingly, spoke up instead, "Rin, I understand you may not want to forgive them. You may never want to. I understand that. But, you at least have to listen to what they have to say. Otherwise, it isn't fair. So shut your arrogant mouth, okay?" I wanted to be mad at her for calling me arrogant but I couldn't.

I'm super arrogant.

"Fine. What happened? Why did you do that? Why did you leave me somewhere I didn't know, leaving me with only the memories I had of you? Why? Why did you leave me with someone who tried to kill me and hurt me? What did I do to deserve that?" As I talked, my voice cracked, and for the first time in a long time, I cried. Tears, as raging and full as rivers after rainfall, as hot as hell, burning my cheek where they paved their path.

Kyo scooted his chair closer to mine and grabbed my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles, softly, soothingly, as he always did.

I wanted to yank my hand away and yell at him, ask who the hell he thought he was after doing this to me, but I couldn't. I couldn't.

Mrs.Hitachiin, my... Mother, of sorts, took a big deep breath before launching into her story.

"It was late one night, and you and your father," she looked over at him with a nostalgic, faraway look, "had just gotten back from the park. You were rambling on and on about how excited you were to play with your baby brothers, who were only three at the time, and couldn't go on the park's playset. You said, 'I can't wait until the boys are big as me and we can play! Now I can't play because their tiny. But soon they'll be big, huh, mommy?' And your enthusiasm about them made me so happy. You were so happy to have baby brothers. That night, we got the first threat. It said that if we didn't hand you over, someone was going to torture you and kill you. It was much more gruesome and gross, but I don't want to remember that. That was only the first one. They kept multiplying, until one day, they came to the house, and kidnapped you. It took two days to find you and get you back. You said you were perfectly fine, but you were afraid to die. You talked so much about not dying because otherwise your baby brothers would have no big sister. So, eventually we came to the decision to leave you there for two hours, and after two hours the police would come and take you home and arrest him. As soon as we dropped you off, ready to execute the plan, he changed locations and dropped off the globe. We had no way of contacting you. We thought you were dead for so long."

Needless to say, I was stunned.

"Maybe one day, I can comprehend this and think more about it and fully forgive you. But I think it's going to take some time. I'm sorry I can't do that right now." I wiped my eyes one last time and Kyo wrapped his arm around my waist.

I started getting dizzy.

Oh Jesus.

I'm gonna faint.

"That's okay, Rin. We understand. We love you and are ready for you when you are. But I do have one question..." My father regarded me kindly.

I forced my eyes open and myself awake just long enough.

"Are you and Kyouya really engaged?"

The entire host club gasped, starring at us with wide eyes.

And it all faded to black.