Chapter 31

As Kyo and Tamaki stalked off the helicopter as fast as they could, Haruhi and I prepared for impact.

They hit us full force, hugging us tighter than ever before.

"Haruhiiiiiiii!!!!"

"Rin, don't you ever do that again, you hear? I was so scared you fucking stupid-ass-irresponsible- bucket-head!" At this point, Kyo was hugging me even tighter, and I was stroking his head, trying to calm him down.
"Kyo, babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, Haruhi and I just wanted some time here alone!" I reasoned with the almost crying boy, who couldn't seem to let go of me.

"Rin-chan! Haru-chan! We were all so worried! Especially after Rin-chan was kidnapped and all that scary stuff!"

Oh.
Right.

I forgot about that.

Kyo detached himself from me and stalked off to the entrance of the Bed and Breakfast, since previously we were sitting on the porch outside.

I didn't go after him, I knew he would need some time to be mad.

"It's true, Rin Senpai. Kyouya Senpai was freaking out. He was so scared. He kept talking about the 54.69% chance that you had been murdered, and how that was more than half, so it was very likely you were dead. He was biting his nails and everything." Hikaru said solemnly.

Oh...

I guess I owed him a bigger apology.

I went into the pension to find he had already talked to Misuzu and was sitting at a table in the corner, being waited on by Misuzu for a cup of tea.

"Hey, I'm really sorry I didn't tell you where I was. Like, really sorry. Sorry I'm not good with words really. But I apologize. I didn't know you cared that much..." My voice got quieter at the last sentence, not really intending for him to hear it.

"Baka."

"Hm?"

"You're so stupid. Of course I care, I love you. And I accept your apology."

My heart was beating out of my chest.

He cares.

He loves me.

Someone loves me.

I threw myself at him, hugging him tightly and whispering over and over again, "I love you, I love you, I love you."

We hugged forever, almost frozen in time, and I quietly wished that we could stay like that forever.

Little did I know of the oncoming storm.