Chapter 25

"Awwww!"
"How sweet!"
"Hey! That's our sister. She's ours. Get him off of her."
"Hikaru, Kaoru, she's in love. Let them be cute."
"No. She's ours."
"Look! Mommy and My daughter! How precious!"
"Tamaki, how would you feel if that was your sister?"
"My beautiful sister lives in America, you awful twins!"
((REFERENCE TO MY OTHER FANFICTION: GO CHECK IT OUT ITS CALLED Protection!!!))

"Shut up, you're going to wake her up. I don't want an angry girlfriend on my hands."

The voice I loved more than anything in the world is what finally woke me from my sleep.

"Kyo? Where are Hikaru and Kaoru? Is everyone okay?" I said while rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah, Rin. Everyone's here and okay." Kyo kissed the top of my head and I opened my eyes.

As soon as I regained control of my senses I threw myself out of the hospital bed and into Hikaru and Kaoru's arms.

I missed them.

They wrapped their arms around me and we stayed like that, silent and still, enjoying the fact that the three of us were alive and well, and with each other again.

"Rin?" Haruhi poked her head into the room where the rest of the club and I were.

"Haruhi!" I detached myself from my baby brothers and squeezed my best friend in a tight embrace.

As we hugged, I felt my shoulder get a little wet.

Tears.

Haruhi was crying on my shoulder.

Haruhi, the strong girl who didn't give a single shit about anything, didn't give Tamaki a second glance when he directed all his attention to her, Haruhi. The strong one in this friendship.

I pet her hair and rubbed small circles in her back, trying my best to reassure her.

But I've never had to do that before, so I gave a panicked glance to Kyo, who signaled Tamaki to take the crying girl, himself.

As I watched Haruhi being comforted by Tamaki, I felt small arms around my legs.

Mitsukuni Senpai.

I picked him up and held him in my arms, and Takashi Senpai came over and gave me a one-armed hug.

I felt so loved.

For the first time in my entire life, I felt extremely loved. I had seven people I loved and loved me more than anything else, and it was a wonderful thing.

If you've never felt loved before, I'm sorry. I'll love you ((AUTHOR-CHAN LOVES YOU ALL PLEASE REMEMBER THAT OK)). The feeling of being loved and cared for takes place in your chest. Not just your heart, but your whole chest. It's a warm, fuzzy feeling that leaves you feeling that you no longer owe anything to the universe.

And the universe owes nothing to you.

It's a feeling of evolved happiness. It's a feeling a evolved love.

It feels like nothing could ever go wrong.

Like those days when it's snowing out, and the snow is shining like glitter. You love to look at it, but you stay inside. You have a nice, warm sweater and a cup of coffee or tea or cocoa, and an old book in your hands. The smell of the decaying book and warm drink mix, filling the room with its amazing aroma. You feel happy and safe, like nothing could ever go wrong, nothing could ever invalidate that moment, and the happiness you feel in that moment.

That's what it's like to feel loved.

And that's how I felt, surrounded by The Host Club.