Chapter 26

- 2 Weeks Later -

Hikaru POV

Kaoru, Mom, Dad, and I were sitting at dinner when I couldn't take it anymore.

"Did we have a sister?"

Mom and Dad gave each other panicked looks before looking back at me.

"Yes. Her name was Rin. She's dead now. She died a little while after you were born."

Kaoru and I burst up from the table at the same time, slamming our fists into the smooth mahogany.

"BULLSHIT!" Kaoru yelled.

"She's alive. And she loves us. She would never keep a secret from us! Unlike you! You sold her! What kind of parents are you?!" I was fuming, Rin was our sister.

"Yeah! Sometimes, she'll sit down with us and tell us story from when we were too young to remember. She sings too, and hugs us and tells us she loves us! All on her own time too! You couldn't spare a single second to care for us!" My twin had tears streaming down his face now, remembering all the times after club, (once we knew she was our sister of course) when Rin would sit down on the couches with us and as she put it, 'make up for lost time'.

I could tell Rin loves us.

She can tell us apart, she sings to us, and she refuses to sing to anyone else.

Rin tells stories to us, laughs with us, comforts us.

Rin loves us.

And I'm so regretful that we never had the chance to do that all these years.

"We love Rin. She's amazing. So why did you sell her?"

I inhaled, waiting for their response.

"To save you."