Chapter 23

Rin Pov

I was alone in wherever the hell he was keeping me when I heard someone knock on the main house door.

From this I assumed I was in the basement.

Anyway, the man's footsteps treated heavily towards the door.

I heard yelling: loud and angry, and then a loud pop.

Gunshots.

I quickly armed myself with a pencil from my rabbit escapade and hid next to the door, so when someone opened it I would have the chance to defend myself.

The door opened with a loud bang, the person standing in the doorway looking around with a sense of urgency before whispering, "Rin? Are you here?"

Now was my chance.

Right as I was about to disarm my attacker, I recognized his face.

It was Kyo.

I launched myself into his arms, dropping my deadly pencil to the floor.

"Kyo!" I cried into his chest. He came for me.

"Rin!"

And so we stood there, locked in an embrace, sobbing until there were no tears left.

Six others rushed down the stairs, enveloping Kyo and I in a group hug.

When we separated, Haruhi was the first to say something.

"Oh my god, Rin, are you okay?"

The rest of the Host Club looked at me, shock forming on their faces.

"Yeah? I'm fine now, you all saved me."

"That doesn't matter right now! Let's get out of here and get Rin safe!"

After a brief argument, Kyo carried me home, and I fell asleep feeling safe for the first time.