15. The Bear Travels with The Lion

After Christmas had passed Phil, PJ, Chris, Louise, and I had all started packing for our holiday. Phil suggested we go on New Year's so we could all be together for the celebration. We've done a good job of keeping the trip a secret from Cat. She was definitely not coming with us, since all of them realized how bad of a person she was, even though Phil and I already knew. I had packed for the trip but I had also begun packing for when Phil and I moved in together like we had planned on our little personal Christmas celebration. We had actually started getting me used to breaking a few rules, like watching movies and shows I had never been allowed to watch. Phil and I even filmed a video to put up on his channel. He says that all of them made videos about themselves.

I was pretty excited, he said that the few people who watched him really liked the video I was in. They said they thought my ears were cute. Only Phil had told me that before then.

I had put the final pair of socks and my bag as Phil knocked on my door before opening it, holding a small camera.

"Are you ready bear?"

"Yep, almost. Do I need anything special?"

"Well you would need clothes for 5 days, pajamas, socks, shoes, boxers, phone and charger, a blanket for the plane ride, movies if you want. Do you want to take a haru pillow or the cat?"

"No I'll have you to cuddle with."

Phil giggled and helped me close my bag.

"We've got to get to the plane, it leaves around 12?"

"I think so you have both of our tickets."

"Oh yeah. Do you need to say bye to anyone?"

"I already did."

"Alright, the rest of them said they'll meet us at the airport."

"Should I wear my hat?"

"Nah, a lot's changed since your mom was our age and people are a lot nicer to Nekos. They'll just think they're cute."

"Okay, could I hold your hand if I get scared?"

"Of course." He kissed the side of my head. "You don't have to ask bear, we've been dating since August."

"I know but I still want to ask so I don't make you uncomfortable by accident."

"You're sweet." He kissed my cheek gently. "Thank you Bear."

"You're welcome, my mum told me that I should treat people nicely and they might treat me the same way."

"Aw, well I'll always treat you good."

I smiled and nuzzled my face in his shoulder. "I know."

"Well we better get going. We'll be late for our flight."

"Oh yeah, I forgot we had to go somewhere." Phil chuckled lightly and wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked downstairs and out to the car. He helped me put my bag in the back before getting into the driver's side. I climbed into the passenger side and looked at Phil.

"All ready?"

I nodded and he smiled softly while starting the car and driving to the airport. As planned they were all waiting for us at the airport. We were actually almost late, considering it had started snowing lightly while we were on our way.

"Do you think our flight's going to be cancelled?"

"Probably not, it's not snowing that hard."

"Yeah."

"Well come on then, we're going to miss our plane if you two keep talking about the snow." Chris stood up from the seat he was in and grabbed his bag.

"Right, yeah. Plane to catch." Phil picked up our bags as everyone started walking to the gate.

We had been standing in line for a while before we had to give our tickets to the gate attendant.