5. Phil's House

Chris, Pj, Phil, and I had started walking to Phil's house. Chris and Pj were in front of us, holding each other's hands as they walked.

"Sorry about Cat again, Dan. I really thought she would listen."

"It's fine. She could've done it if she wanted to, but thanks."

"Yeah, she could've but did you want her to?"

"...No, but I couldn't tell her that."

"Why not?"

"Because I have to listen"

"You have to listen?"

"Yes.."

"To who?"

"Whoever tells me to do something.."

"..Okay"

The rest of the walk was pretty quiet and I think it was my fault.

Phil unlocked the door and we walked in. I looked around, mailings the house. The feline-like part of my personality room over and I started walking around his house, exploring. I walked into what I assumed to be the lounge and smiled, purring quietly.

"You like exploring don't you?" Phil had suddenly walked in, surprising me and making me jump slightly.

"Oh..um..yeah sorry."

"It's fine." He smiles and walked over to me. "You're just interested. Have you ever been to someone's house that wasn't related to you?"

"I told you, my parents are really protective."

"So, No..Wow."

I nodded. "I wish they would've let me do this sooner. I like it."

He smiles softly, "Do you want to play Mario Kart?"

I felt my ears try to perk up under my hat and I smiled. "Yeah! I love that game, I'm really good at it too!"

He smiled back, chuckling softly at how excited I got. "Come on." He sat down on the couch and I sat beside him. "Chris! Pj! Stop trying to suck each other's faces off and come play Mario kart!"

They walked in a bit later and sat on the floor in front of the table.

"Alright, Pj hand the controllers out."

Pj grabbed four controllers and turned on the game, handing them out to all of us.

"Thanks." I smiled at him and took the controller.

"How come you guys never say 'Thanks'?"

"Because we don't have to. Dan just likes being polite. Which is why Cat didn't leave him alone. He's too nice."

"I'm not too nice. I told her to stop."

"But you stopped trying after she grabbed your hand."

I huffed. "We're not talking about her anymore. We were going to play Mario Kart so let's do that."

"...Alright."

Phil started the game and we played until we finished all of the levels.

"What the hell Dan? How did you win all of those?!" Chris practically threw his controller across the room because he lost so much.

I shrugged, smiling a little. "When you spend a lot of time at home alone you end up getting pretty good at video games I guess."

"I think you should get a prize for winning."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! Like a crown or something."

"W-Would I have to take my hat off?"