Girl Meets Josh

After science class was finished, they went to history. It was taught by Riley's father, Mr. Matthews/Cory. 'What have you got for us today, Mr. Matthews?' Maya asked as she entered the classroom. They took their places. 'Nothing', he simply answered. 'Nothing?' Maya repeated. 'No lessons...this is absolutely the best day of my life!' she exclaimed. Riley smiled at her best friend. 'That's not true. He is going to teach us something, he just wants it to be a hidden message or something like that', Farkle said. 'You got me', Cory said. 'This is your last day before the holidays... Yes, Riley?' She had raised her hand and now stood up. 'About the holidays', she began. 'Oh no!' Cory said. 'No, no, no, you're way too young.'

'You don't even know what I was going to ask, dad.' 'Oh yes I do know and the answer is no!'

'Let me handle this.' Maya stood up as well and walked towards Cory's desk. 'Mr. Matthews, there comes a time in a father's life where he has to let go of his daughter in order to let her discover her true self and fly away like a bird...' 'Ooooh can I be a flying unicorn?' Riley interrupted. 'Sure, sweetie, you can be anything you want. As I was saying, Mr. Matthews, you have to let her go. Farkle, Lucas and Zay will be there as well.' 'Oh great, a couple of teenage boys full of hormones will be joining you. My concerns are all gone now', Cory said sarcastically. 'Come on!' Maya pleaded. 'I'd like to talk about everyone's holidays here, we'll talk later.'
'Fine', Maya said and she sat down again. Riley followed her best friend's example. 'Yogi, what will you be doing during the holidays?' Cory asked and they discussed all of the students' holiday plans during the rest of the lesson.

When school was finally over, and Riley had said her goodbyes to all their classmates, wishing them a nice couple of weeks and giving them a hug, Maya and Riley returned to the Matthews' home. 'Well, that was a nice day', Riley said. They entered the living room and saw Cory and Topanga sitting on the couch. Auggie was playing outside in a park with his friend Dewey(pronounced as Doy). 'I heard the two of you were planning a little trip with some friends?' Topanga said. 'I wouldn't call it ''little'', since it would be for a few weeks', Riley muttered. Maya pushed past her. 'I said I'd handle it. You're only ruining our chances.' Riley nodded and she kept her distance, watching Maya take over. 'You're completely right, Maya', Topanga said. 'You'll be totally safe, but still, I don't feel one hundred percent sure about this.' Maya started to protest, but Cory interrupted her. 'We approve', he said. 'We do?' Topanga asked surprised. 'You do?!' Riley and Maya said in unison. 'We approve as long as there will be an adult with you', Cory continued. At that exact moment, somebody came through the door.

'Uncle Boing!' Maya screamed. 'Hi, guys', he said to Riley and Maya and smiled at them. After that, he gave Topanga a hug and greeted Cory with the usual ''Mah brother!'' and hugged him as well. 'Oh my gosh, that's it! Peaches, that's it! Josh can come with us. Josh is an adult.* Please, Mum and Dad.' Josh looked confused, obviously not knowing what was going on. A grin slowly spread on Maya's face and the two girls looked at Riley's parents expectantly.

* In this book, the girls are fifteen, so Josh is already eighteen and is considered an adult.

I hoped you liked it. Thanks for reading and until next update!

Love,