ch 40

Dylan pov
________________

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked penelope as we walked out of the studio.
"I have to go home and clean up before we make plans " she said sounding a little salty.
"I'll help you sweetie"
She smiled hard
"Are you sure you wanna do this ?"
"Nope" I laughed.
"You don't have to. You can just watch me clean"
"Great I'll do that".
We got into our separate cars and headed to our houses. When we were in her house she went upstairs and changed. So I wandered in the kitchen. I was getting a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. When I heard music start blasting and 2 seconds later she walked around the corner with yoga tights on and a black workout bra. She smiled and put her hair in bun as she started cleaning the kitchen. Which wasn't dirty. Only had two dishes in the sink. But she also mopped the floor and wiped down the counter and island and stove with clorax.
Then she went and put a load of clothes in the washing machine.
45 minutes later we were sitting on her bed watching TV.
I was laying on her stomach and she was playing with my hair. When I heard her stomach growl.
"Looks like someone is hungry" I said kissing her flat stomach.
"Yeah I guess I should go make us lunch. " she started getting up.
"How about I make us lunch. We can have a lunch date at my house. Dress in something cute. Then tonight we can go out for dinner." I said getting up going to put on my shirt. She walked me to the door and I kissed her forehead before leaving.
Dylan pov
________________

I walked inside of my house. Sensing that I wasn't there alone. I slowly walked upstairs and there was my parents. Sitting on my bed waiting for me.
"Dylan where have you been" ? My dad said
"I was at Ryan house" I casually said taking off my shoes.
"Oh really? Because we called and his mother said you hadn't been over in about two weeks" said my mother
"Why do you feel you have to lie to us about where you're going?"
I put my head down.
"Look at me when I'm talking to you. You're our only son now. Since your brother you know" I saw the hurt in her eyes. I hated talking about my brother it brings out too many emotions. I hugged my mom. God I miss my brother. But he's in a better place.
"Truth is I've been at the neighbors house this whole time"
"We know"
"I really like her"
"We know"
"Mama I wanna date her"
"Bring her over for dinner tonight."
I scratched the back of my head. "Well she was gonna come over for lunch in about a hour or so "
My mom jumped up"I should start it then" she left.
"Son have you fucked her yet?" My dad said bluntly.
"No sir, she's different"
"Okay just checking. I'm too young for grandkids" He joked before he left. My parents seemed cool about this for now but just wait til they see she's black. I went up stairs and texted her.
D: ummm hey I hope you're not afraid of meeting my parents today.
P: for dinner ?
D: no for lunch in about a hour
P: ummm okay
D: my parents can be quite intimidating. But don't let them get to you.
~~~~~~1 hour later~~~~~~

"Dylan lunch is ready, you can go over and get your little friend" My mom said as I walked down stairs.
"Okay mom "
As I approached her house I was getting nervous. I checked my hair in my phone and did a breath test. Everything was jazzy. I knocked on the door and waited for what seemed like forever but in reality it was only about a minute.
Penelope opened the door looking beautiful as usual. She had her hair up in a bunch with some nude colored lipstick to match her nude color shirt. With a pair of navy blue skinny jeans that folded up at her ankles and a pair of nude colored ballerina shoes.
"Like what you see ?"
"Of coarse I do" I hugged her and grabbed that ass. I just couldn't hold back any longer.
"Uhh what are you doing" she said in my shoulder.
"Giving my girl a real hug" I said back. She only giggled and smacked my hand away. I let her go and took a step back. Looking serious I said " Penelope my parents aren't the nicest people in the world. They don't know you're black and they can be a bit of racist" she looked down and I softly pushed her chin up "we can stay here if you don't wanna meet them. I totally understand" to my surprise she actually smiled at me
"Let's go get this over with" She said.

Penelope pov
________________

I was kinda nervous I met his parents before. But his mom absolutely hate me. Dylan doesn't know what happened between me and his parents before he woke up.
We walked hand in hand to his door and he stopped.
" what's wrong?" I asked
"I know your scared you're bitting your lip and your pinky is twitching. You only bite your lip when you're nervous and your pinky twitches whenever your scared. But don't be I'm here with you. I'll be sitting right beside you." He kissed my nose and opener the door.
As I walked in I saw the furniture had been rearranged in the living room.
"Mom, dad, we're here." He yelled as I stood awkwardly behind him. I heard the clanking of the heels as they approached us.
"Where is she ?" She asked
Dylan stood to the side so his mother could see me. The look she gave me made me feel sooooo dirty.
"Is this a joke?" She said
"No mom this is penelope"
"I know who she is" she said giving me the stink eye.
"Look idk what your problem is with me but I really don't care I like your son and you're not gonna change that or stop me from being with him" I said rolling my eyes and walking out.
"Nelope wait" but I kept going I was almost to my door when he grabbed my arm and kissed me roughly.
"I love you " He said leaning his head on mines.