Chapter 21: practice makes perfect

The Monday after the party PJ, Chris and I were snuggly sat on our usual table in the library when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I jumped and looked up to see none other than Dan.
"Hey up party boy." Dan smiled and gestured towards a spare seat on the table, we all nodded and he took a seat.
"Chris this is Dan, PJ you know him already," I introduced.
"Ah, so you're the famous Dan." Chris propped himself up on his elbows and studied Dan.
"Don't you mean infamous?" Dan replied confused. Chris smirked cheekily.
"Actually, you're pretty much famous now seeing as Phil is always-" I kicked him subtly under the table and he yelped. "Ow!"
"Ignore him," I said to Dan, feeling pretty flustered but Dan was just laughing.
"So, how was the party?"
"Yeah tell us!" PJ encouraged.
"It was alright, not much happened," I lied. "I talked to Jack, Ben walked me home." I saw Dans jaw clench out of the corner of my eye but when I looked he had stopped.
"Is that it?"
"Pretty much." They all stared at me in disbelief. "Why are you lot so shocked?"
"What about the drugs? The sex? The Rock and r-"
"-It's good to see you out and about," PJ cut Chris off and smiled at me.

All day I felt guilty about not telling them the truth, but what could I say? That I was peer pressured into class B drugs and alcohol? And not only that but I actually liked it? That I would have it again in a heartbeat because it actually seems to get rid of my anxiety and make me feel normal if just for a night? They wouldn't understand, and I wouldn't expect them to.

It was only at the end of the day did I see Dan again. I got on the bus and he was already there at the very back, I made my way over to him.
"That seat taken?" I asked.
"It is now," he replied and gestured for me to sit down. We talked for most of the journey, mainly about DDR and how much of a "master" Dan was at it. It was pretty fun actually, Dan could make anything interesting to talk about.
When we neared home Dan changed the topic,
"Glad you enjoyed the party, a bit saddened you ditched the shoot. I had to cancel the whole thing," Dan told me, although he didn't actually seem sad. He was grinning at me cheekily to show it was alright. "So, how about you make it up to me?"
"How so?"
"Practise for the shoot now. We really need to get the shot down and I'd rather do that when the camera isn't permanently fixed on us."
"Sure. What shot are you thinking of?"
"The sofa one," Dan replied. I knew exactly which one he meant and I gulped down my anxiety.
"Okay," my voice wavered as I spoke but I hid it with a smile.

I dropped my bag off at my house and quickly made my way over to Dans.
"Drink?" Dan asked as he made his way into the kitchen.
"Coke please."
"Skip the rum?" He joked, well jokes on him because his party advice really did not go to plan.
"Obviously." I tried to laugh but it sounded weak and pathetic.
"Okay so," Dan began before taking a drink from his can, "what I was thinking was I'll sit there and you put one knee over me so you're like side straddling me? But one of your feet is still on the ground. You get that?" Dan explained his vision and after repeating it one more time it was time to put it into play.

He sat on the sofa and I gulped. I leaned in close to him. I kept my left foot on the ground and swung my right leg over Dan.
"Is this what you wan-" I soon lost my balance and tumbled on top of him.
"Not quite," Dan said between laughter. I got back up bright red. "Do the same but put your hand on my shoulder to support yourself."
I repeated the position and gripped onto Dan, I felt the muscle underneath his shirt. The air suddenly felt hot.
"That's it," Dan applauded. "Now look at me... like you really want me."
That shouldn't be too hard, I thought as I stared into Dans brown eyes. He looked into mine and I could've stayed looking at him all day. He smiled his eyes crinkled up with the movement making him seem even more adorable.
Soon my leg grew tired so I leaned it on the sofa.
"You know you're literally straddling me now," Dan pointed out.
"Sorry," I replied although neither of us attempted to move. We continued to look at each other, Dan really was beautiful. He leaned in and I followed suit until there was nothing but a thin layer of air keeping our lips apart. I felt my heart tug in my chest and my body was pulled forward until the gap was closed and Dans lips were on my own.

AN: *chants* Phan, Phan, Phan, Phan
- Rach x