Chapter 18: New people

The next day in Psychology I was feeling slightly more confident, I knew more than most here and I wasn't worried about any questions the teacher would throw my way. However, I wasn't prepared for what the teacher actually did; she moved the tables around. Instead of sitting with all the other quiet people in my class, I was sat next to the most popular people! The loud, noisy kind of people that constantly make jokes during lesson and don't do any work.
They appeared to be too close to me, I felt every movement like a shock wave through me.
"Okay class, so today I thought it would be fun to mix you lot up," so fun,"I want you to get to know each other and then we can start working."

"Who's going first?" A girl with bleached blonde hair asked.
"Me, my names Ben. I'm fucking awesome." The voice came from a guy who had bright red hair and a lip ring in, he seemed like a narcissistic asshole already.
"Ben shut up, this is ridiculous, we all know each other here!" Another person spoke, I think his name was Jack or maybe Finn. I didn't know much about Jack and Finn except they were twins and had names that were shockingly similar to Jake and Finn from Adventure Time (which was probably why I remembered their names.)
"What about that dork?" Ben tilted his head up and everyone's eyes landed on me.
"Who cares about the quiet kid?" The twin huffed and folded his arms over his chest.
"I do!"
"My-my names Phil," I said just to push away the awkward air that was suffocating me. Ben smirked, but the others didn't seem to like me anymore.
"Nice to meet you, Phil. This is Jack, Finn and that's Justine." He pointed to the twins, the one who had spoken earlier was Jack, and the girl with blonde hair was Justine. I don't think I've met her before, although I had seen her around college. "You're friends with Dan aren't you?"
"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked confused.
"Everyone knows Dan and who he hangs with. I was interested to see he was friends with you. You must be pretty cool?" Bens eyes were looking into my soul somehow, it made me feel incredibly uncomfortable but it was also enticing, I couldn't help but look back at him and reply.
"I guess..."
"I love this guy-" Ben started and smiled at his friends before he was cut off by the teacher.
"Okay class, back together. So, in front of you is an A3 piece of paper. I want you to draw a stick figure on it and put all the characteristics from either deviation from ideal mental health or failure to function adequately around it." Everyone groaned but reluctantly grabbed the paper and began to do as she said. Everyone but our table. No one made a move to start the work and I didn't want to be the only one to, so much for learning the information.
"Anyone have a fucking clue what she's on about?" Ben finally asked as he leaned back on his chair. I gulped, this was my time to shine and show people I was actually worth something around here.
"I do."
"If I haven't said it yet I need to say it now: I love this guy!" Ben smirked again. He moved his chair so he was sat right next to me and began to draw on the paper. He was way too close to me but not in an uncomfortable way, Ben seemed to have a way of gliding through life and making everyone like him it appeared.

"Phil! Wait up man." I heard Ben call as I was making my way out of class, I stopped just outside the door as the tsunami of eager college kids exited the classroom. He finally reached me and we began to walk up the corridor to my next lesson. "We have a party this Sat," he began, his hands were deep in his pockets as he walked, "You interested?"
"Um..." I hesitated, not sure whether this was a joke or not. But then again, Ben did seem alright, he said I was cool. "Yeah sure."
"Nice man! Message me on Facebook. I'm easy to find, I have a lot of friends and my profile pic is hot!" He told me.
"Okay," I replied but he was already walking away. I couldn't believe it, I had just been invited to my first college party!