Chapter Twenty-Three

Sage POV

As I was watching Mr. Mikaels play the guitar - teaching - I saw Skylar turn around and grab something from behind her.

I swear to Heaven above, if that's a note from Marno or Arthan I. Will. Kill. Them. With dull spoons, I thought, my body raging.

I continued to watch Skylar as she opened the first note. A few seconds later, she gave a silent snort and crumpled the paper into her front pocket. I smiled. That's my girl.

I turned my attention back to Mr. Mikaels for a moment.

"Okay, young rock stars, I want you to all learn the music I will be soon passing out, by next class. You can start on it now," he said as he walked back to his desk to grab a LARGE stack of papers.

My attention was soon reverted back to Skylar when I heard the crumpling of paper. I saw her shove the last note in the same pocket as the last one with shaking hands.

She looked pale. What did it say to her to make her so scared?

I reached my hand over and placed it on hers. I gave her a look that said, 'Are you okay?'

She gave a stiff smile and nodded. 'Fine,' she mouthed back.

She looked up as Mr. Mikaels walked up and handed me the TABS for Kiss the Girl, Chasing Cars, Mario Bros. Theme Song.

I grabbed the music from him as I said thank you.

He walked in front of Skylar and stopped. "Would you like some, Miss Skylar Cross?"

She looked at him confused before, "Do you have enough? If you do that would be wonderful, if its not I can just make copies of Sage's," she said.

"I have plenty," he said handing her Mario Bros. Theme Song.

"What? I think you didn't give all of the music," I said looking at Mr. Mikaels.

"No, I gave her what the rest of the class is learning. I gave you the other two for fun," he said giving me a cheekie grin.

After Mr. Mikeals left Skylar turned her body towards me. "What songs did he give you?"

I started to shake my head violently. "Nuh uh! No way I'm telling you!" I said hiding the music.

she looked at me with a kitty pout. "Please," she said.

I sighed. "Fine. He gave me Kiss the Girl, and Chasing Cars," she blushed bright red.

Thanks a lot Mr. Mikeals.